Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by Trixy
Very true he will give you some meaning to life again, a pet is a substitute for many things they bring so much love and friendship into our lives that people without them cant even begin to understand what its like when they have gone, I can only imagine how you feel but the pain will ease in time x
Well written Trixy x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 06:45 AM
I was the same when I lost Ted last March. Poor Roxy was miserable on her own, and it was strange only having one dog's needs to tend to. I tried desperately to find a rescue Shiba, but no-one had any. Then one of the breeders I was talking to about rescue emailed me about Lennon. I picked him up on April 10th, 3 days short of his 6mth birthday. Almost the minute I got him, he so occupied me, I could only think of Ted for all the good things he did, and the good way he made me feel, without tears, but with smiles, and I was happy he was in pain no more.
Ted's been gone almost a year now, and I shall never ever forget him (or any of my others that have gone to the bridge), but Lennon filled a Ted-shaped hole in my life, and no matter how early he gets me up in the mornings I'll always be grateful to have him.
Go for it honey - you won't regret it. If not Bailey, then another dog needing a loving home and loads of attention {{{hugs}}} xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2006, 08:54 AM
I hope it all works out for you,sounds like you and Bailey will be good for one another,looking forward to pics.Fingers crossed.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Good luck to you Brandiesnap
i cant really add anymore than the others have said, but they were lovely replies, don't feel guilt as shadowboxer says it is a trubute to poor brandy as she gave you so much to your life.
Fingers crossed for you

Janet and Toby
xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by BrandieSnap
I might be getting one! I've been feeling more and more miserable without Brandie so even though it's only been a week I think it's the best thing to do I was going to wait longer but I don't think it would get any easier

Bailey is another collie cross. Not sure what with, possibly german shepherd, maybe a bit of spaniel! But there's definately collie in him. He's a medium/large 1 year old nutter! He is VERY bouncy and energetic. He also has a few obsessive issues, mainly constant tail chasing. But I'm sure he could become a lovely mannered boy with training and LOTS of exercise. I think he could be perfect for keeping me occupied, I am prepared for hard work. I just hope they agree
Hi Brandisnap I think getting another dog is the very best thing for you to do..I would never be without one for longer than I have to. I don't see it as replacing the friend I have lost but finding another friend to share my life.

I would think carefully about the dog you choose, I only say this because after your recent experience I would not want to see you face another big disappointment ..

I note the dog you are thinking of getting has tail chasing problems, this can be a small thing easily treated but beware it can be to due to obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD's) treatable with drugs or it can be due to anal glands, hip dysplasia or pain in the neck or spine.

I know you will want to get the dog anyway whatever the problem but it would be wise to check things out before you decide so that you know what you are facing .

Good luck, be sure we will do our best to help when we can with your new dog.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Glad to hear you are thinking about getting a new dog Brandiesnap - it might ease the pain a little. We had Benji before we lost Sabre and he did help a little I think I also would be careful about the chasing his tail issue if I was you and try to find out why he does it before you have him. I have a dog with anal gland problems and its a pain to keep going backwards and forwards to the vets every few weeks to have them emptied plus the expense on top of his skin problems I have tried to empty them myself but don't seem to be able to get the hang of it and am scared of hurting him.

Hope everything goes well
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

14-02-2006, 10:57 AM
I think thats wonderful B/S

I`ve had other animals when I`ve sadly lost my other cats & dogs For me I`ve found having the others has kept me busy which was good. They can never take the place of the ones that have gone but they`ve helped me get over the loss.

It`ll be a very lucky dog who finds a home with you
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Hi Brandisnap I think getting another dog is the very best thing for you to do..I would never be without one for longer than I have to. I don't see it as replacing the friend I have lost but finding another friend to share my life.

Very well said Mini, my sentiments exactly

I hope everything goes well for you Brandisnap, and you and Bailey spend many happy years together
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Awwww! How exciting!!!! Even if Bailey doesn't turn out to be THE dog, it sounds like you've made a decision to get a new friend sooner rather than later. That's lovely for you and as Shadowboxer said so beautifully, it is testimony to how much Brandie enhanced your life. Awwwww!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Good luck today I hope it goes well for you.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »