Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2022, 10:35 PM
Good evening all

The wind has howled around 40 plus mph most of the day

We both had to go into the doctors this afternoon for a full check up. Chest infection for both of us. Bronchitis for me and possible COPD flare. Dodgy blood pressure for Dave. Upshot was another course of antibiotics (which was all I wanted and knew we would get) and dire warnings to go straight to A&E if things get worse again. Had he just prescribed over the phone which I expected, it would have saved up over three hours out of the house in appalling weather to see him and get the meds (the chemist is closed tomorrow until Tuesday). The doctor who should have signed the prescriptions earlier was called out to view a dead body. You really couldn't bloody write it.

Anyways, meds start again tomorrow as does the BP monitoring. Hopefully, that will be the end of it but I'm not holding my breath
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2022, 10:52 PM
Brenda Can find myself down by you as well would you be up for a coffee when I come down? Hoping again to get to see my Dad's side cousin Christine and her hubby they live in Weymouth exchange family history paraphernalia LOL and also catch up with a friend who moved down to Eastleigh well Bishops Waltham actually. So could easily swing by and see you if you are available - got to confirm dates. Hoping to get to all by end of Feb
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2022, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good evening all

The wind has howled around 40 plus mph most of the day

We both had to go into the doctors this afternoon for a full check up. Chest infection for both of us. Bronchitis for me and possible COPD flare. Dodgy blood pressure for Dave. Upshot was another course of antibiotics (which was all I wanted and knew we would get) and dire warnings to go straight to A&E if things get worse again. Had he just prescribed over the phone which I expected, it would have saved up over three hours out of the house in appalling weather to see him and get the meds (the chemist is closed tomorrow until Tuesday). The doctor who should have signed the prescriptions earlier was called out to view a dead body. You really couldn't bloody write it.

Anyways, meds start again tomorrow as does the BP monitoring. Hopefully, that will be the end of it but I'm not holding my breath
I am thinking that like my sister and brother in law and now brother and sister in law and nephew the Doctors have to see you before re prescribing antibiotics for a 2nd time, especially at the moment I hope they work as well for you and Dave as they did/are for my lot. Maybe you should write a book - your luck is like mine but comes up good in the end.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2