Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2022, 03:40 PM
That's disrespectful.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2022, 06:11 PM
I should say that if I tested positive obviously I wouldn't allow him to come, his response was "it would be my choice wouldn't it" I also made a point of pointing out that everyone who knows me is very very careful and he hasn't replied, I have said to my mum that he is acting the pr*ck already and if he showed up with anything I would be off! Steve was so apologetic for getting ill and not being able to see me at Christmas, he hasn't done it deliberately and he could have easily kept his mouth shut but he knows I need to be careful....I still wear a mask, sanitise, don't hug people unless I know they have tested, I think maybe next year I will vanish!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2022, 09:08 PM
Evening all

Sounds like "lurgy is out and about" and hitting us quite badly.

Sue Your lads throat sounds like my BIL and sister last week if you recall antibiotics worked well. The "lurgy" thing seems quite rife at the moment, how are the girls doing and his MIL? Idiots abound in Supermarkets and shops around Christmas.

Lynn Sounds like a busy busy day hope your brother feels a bit better over the next few days. Bet you are looking forward to your lad coming over, any news on Joel is he going to be a Christmas show or no show?

Griff Hope it all works out for your Steve and that he feels better maybe it explains why he did not come and collect the presents etc if he felt rough then. Hope your brother grows some empathy.

Chris Hope the day has been good for you all, can't wait to hear what was in the carful of presents your lad brought over.

Moyra Hello if you read this.

Brenda Left you till last to ask advice and as you are Border Collie lady

So pleased you got to go to the meal what was your food of choice think I may of said adore their crème Brule.

Help advice needed
Went to the garden centre this morning early doors and collected some garden shoes a Christmas present to myself LOL its one of those garden centres that allow dogs.

Outside I saw a young mid 20's couple with a very hyper Border Collie, that was pulling his owners over they had two leads on him (headcollar as well as a double lead attached to a harness chest and back) the pulling was literally choking him and then a car came past and boy I have not seen anything like this before he literally threw himself in the air and span in circles every time as well as yodelling as he did.
Lord knows why they were at a garden centre with a dog who is obviously traffic anxious (maybe wrong word) unless he cannot be left at home. He was a young dog 3 they said and he was really skinny spoke to the chap who came out to relieve the young woman (who was really struggling) and he said he is so stressed he does not seem to be able to keep weight on. If I see them again any advice the dog is from a farm background they got him at 8 months from a rescue (who do not want to help or even know apparently)

Edited to say the lady came out and said he was a Welsh sheepdog/collie not a Border Collie (forgive my ignorance) I did not realise there were two different strains of the breed HELP

The above is open to all advice
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2022, 09:59 PM
My advice would be to seek a good behaviourist who can try and unravel his issues, I used ttouch practioners who were behaviourists, look up Marie miller. I had one session with her for my fear aggressive pooch and we went to Kenilworth castle afterwards, he had a Rottweiler kick off at him and nothing...he wasn't at all fussed. He also never kept weight on as he was so energetic and never really chilled out.
Nah, Steve was just being a lazy s*d but never been so relieved not to see someone lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2022, 09:59 PM
https://www.pawsnlearn.co.uk/ that's the first lady I used
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2022, 10:53 PM
Marie is retired now, Kelly.

The obvious first port of call is the vets to check out thyroid, pancreas etc.

The ton of pressies are mostly for Gary and mostly goodies to eat from my sister as she always goes overboard for him.

There are some from my two younger kids, but we won't know what they are until the big day

Today I've finally started catching up on all the things that I had planned to do over the last week. Still a bit of a stuffy nose, but I can keep moving now without being totally exhausted
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2022, 05:46 AM
Kazz I had roast turkey festive menu. As to the 'Collie' , I would first look at food. Use just a simple buckle collar fitted high up the neck, and then seek proper professional advice from a very good trainer/behaviourist. Most of us do both. But without being able to have hands on its difficult. Others on here will have other ideas.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2