View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2022, 06:53 PM
Good luck griff if you can access any screen wash. Halfords in Huntingdon where Mark is assistant manager had sold out more or less as they unpacked. Same with deicer.
Hopefully as the weather is meant to warm up the manic buying will slow down.
Our local Halfords had a delivery due today but I wouldn't be surprised if it was gone before they could get it on the shelves.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2022, 06:53 PM
Oh, that's not a Christmas gift kazz....hmmmm I don't know if I am finished, I have ordered Steve some boxers and I bought him socks but god knows what I have done with them so might have to get more, told him it's the law for blokes to get socks for Christmas lol.
We ordered my uncle some more trainers and wonderfully mandm sent the wrong size and are expecting me to pay to send them back...nope! I have sent a message and told them it's their error and to give me a return postage code....you try and do something nice and it turns into a nightmare!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2022, 06:56 PM
Our local Halfords has some in Lynn, but I have actually just found a bottle in the kitchen
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2022, 07:29 PM
Even better griff saves a few pennies.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2022, 08:20 PM
Trouble with BMW's is you are supposed to use BMW screen wash as it's a special mix, the microfilter gets blocked otherwise and they tried charging my dad nearly £300 to fix it!! I bought the filter for £3 and did it myself, you need to strip out the wheel arch liner but the joys of really small hands means I can remove a few fixings and squeeze my hand in, 10 minute job, bit fiddly but got it sorted.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2022, 11:31 PM
Good evening all.

Massive cold that really laid me out yesterday. A little better today, but my nose is like a tap and so is sore now.

As I like to share, it looks like I've given it to Dave too

I don't have to go to Gary's until Friday thank heavens so, hopefully, he won't get it.

He's only had his dad to talk to this last couple of days so he isn't happy, but is respecting it. Hopefully, I'm back in communication tomorrow.

It could have been worse as I couldn't have done the cooking for Christmas had it hit this weekend instead

Brenda. I feel so bad for you that your daughter is being a prat. Hopefully, with time, she will see that she needs her mum x
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2022, 11:40 PM
Had a lovely chat with my Aunts today; like to try to keep in touch.

My Auntie Olive (91) nice chat about WI her knitting and future holiday to USA next year with her son and daughter in law. Auntie Olive is lovely she is one of Mom's two sisters in law also one of Mom's best friends as girls.

My Auntie Kathleen (96) Mom's other sister in law, she is struggling with her arthritis and rheumatism and a little sad as her only granddaughter has moved with her family to Holland for work 3 year stint, and she is worried the great grandchildren won't have the same bond with her as she has now.

Last but not least my Auntie Kitty (106)my Dad's only remaining sibling/in law always lively conversation with Aunt Kit she informed me of her views of the state of the Country; the government not forgetting the Royal's downward spiral to celebrity not royalty since the passing of the Queen. How sad she was on the passing of the 4 boys into the ice. and that she is missing her ballroom dancing and is looking for a new partner since her most recent one has had a hip replacement (she ditches them when they are approx. 80 or have to have replacement parts) she tell me every time.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2022, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good evening all.

Massive cold that really laid me out yesterday. A little better today, but my nose is like a tap and so is sore now.

As I like to share, it looks like I've given it to Dave too

I don't have to go to Gary's until Friday thank heavens so, hopefully, he won't get it.

He's only had his dad to talk to this last couple of days so he isn't happy, but is respecting it. Hopefully, I'm back in communication tomorrow.

It could have been worse as I couldn't have done the cooking for Christmas had it hit this weekend instead

Brenda. I feel so bad for you that your daughter is being a prat. Hopefully, with time, she will see that she needs her mum x
Seems to be doing the rounds my brother in law has been ill and had to have antibiotics throat infection and sister struggling with similar to you Chris. Rough Wednesday into Thursday but sort of bounced back yesterday, down again this morning but perked up. Hope you all do the same and are fit for Xmas.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2022, 11:49 PM
Right off to bed coffee and Pain au chocolate or Croissant tomorrow with the litter picking team after our a "pick in the daylight" as the Sally Army and Church are doing Carols on the village green on Monday evening (Yes I am going to that too) was going on a ramble with the meetup group but litter pick is more local and with going out in the afternoon decided on that. I am a first time joint leader for a ramble next weekend - EKKKK

Then off out for a meal out with friends from work at 5pm so will catch you all when I can have a great rest of the weekend day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2022, 11:51 PM
Kazz, your aunty kitty sounds a scream
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >