View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2024, 06:15 PM
My lovely neighbour called Paul sorted it for me. The agent said I must do it but even Paul had to get a wrench to unscrew the knobs. Margaret came and now gone. I am hoping good weather for her tomorrow as she and her hubby are at Buckingham Palace celebrating 200 years RNLI. Have a good evening folks.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-05-2024, 06:37 PM
Evening Kazz I think it's hit and miss at the moment accessing the site.
Glad you're ok.
Glad Margaret made it over brenda and that your neighbour sorted the boiler pressure. Naughty of the agents not to send help.

I need a rock to hide under.
Our electrician/mechanic has done everything he can after speaking to a Kia technician he knows and explaining even after sorting the angle sensor the car is still doing jerky movements he has confirmed the transfer box is kna***red.
We have £1000 warranty cover to fix it would cost us at least another £1000 possibly more, it involves the chain as well.

He has suggested we go well Gorden will be going I cannot be trusted to be polite to speak to the garage we bought it from it has hardly been used and we cannot use the 4x4. Not that we need it now the caravan has gone and we are not likely to get stuck on a muddy field, but selling it we will lose money we will have to reduce the price due to the issue and we would of course sell it with an issue.
We could part exchange but would still lose money.
Gorden is going down to speak to the guy tomorrow and Paul has said to mention his name as he knows them and does some work sometimes for them, he has suggested not the money side of things but the mileage that we have done very few miles.
It can be driven safely as it is the 4x4 that is the issue not the gearbox when not in 4 wheel drive mode. The box that transfers it into 4x4 is not working anymore.
He also found when he took the thing apart that at some time someone has either messed about with it or it was originally a left hand drive but is working as a right hand drive for the indicator stalk and light stalk.
He can do no more so first stop the garage. We are expecting 2 fingers if that's the case we will have to lose money to move it on.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2024, 06:55 PM
Lynn, always always always pay a deposit on a credit card! You will be covered for the whole lot, the credit card company would pursue the garage. Even a used vehicle has to be sold as fit for purpose and failing after a short increase of miles/ time would be covered in a claim by the credit card company. If you get no where with the garage, and I assume you wouldn't be using them again?? Leave a negative review warning others. Buying from an individual is very different from buying from a garage.
Brenda, pleased you got the boiler sorted out
Chris....you can have a playstation inside too...provided you are good lol
Kazz, a rocket up the bum with Steve is required.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-05-2024, 07:01 PM
It's on finance griff and I know from a past experience years ago you have to have paid half the finance to dump it back on the forecourt and refuse to pay anymore.
We couldn't pay anything by card they do not take debit or credit cards.

My mistake about the left hand drive it started off as a right hand drive but someone has messed about with the car and replaced right hand drive parts with left hand drive parts so possibly there had been a problem with the angle sensor before.
Of course as Paul pointed out the garage might not have known about that.

Gorden has just checked the mileage we bought it at and now and I have done just under 2500 miles in 9 months.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2024, 08:10 PM
Lynn the luck you have with cars is similar to Griff and neighbours. Sorry to hear this news.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-05-2024, 08:23 PM
I know Kazz not sure why all the years we have bought cars and never had so much trouble.
I swear since losing Dillon things have started going wrong. The Chrysler went wrong after losing him that was his car and ever since then every car we have touched has gone wrong, Gorden's Insignia that cost us a lot to get right the Volvo we lost money on and spent a lot putting it right and making it safe.
Antara scrapped now this.
Brewster having to be rehomed surely our luck has to change soon.

Paul will look for something for us when we're ready or come with us dealer or private seller and check it out.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2