View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2020, 02:41 PM
I hate with a passion people who do not "think dog" when they have one. Having Staffs as I have always had I am paranoid as Staffs get the blame 9/10 regardless of the reason I do admit some Staff owners are not fit to own a pencil let alone my beloved breed, but even those who try like myself get the blame in situations.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2020, 02:45 PM
I suppose a lot of you will of seen the post on F. Book doing the rounds of the
Miniature Pinscher who was attacked and subsequently died of injuries after being attacked by an off lead bull mastiff on Woolwich Common

My worst nightmare a dog unable to be restrained by an owner
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-08-2020, 02:58 PM
Mine to Kazz. Not seen that piece of news.
I am sorry to say it was a bull breed cross according to people that attacked the puppy two weeks ago.
At first people thought Staffie but someone who was closer said it was two tall to be pure staffie.
We do however have a lovely mad boy we sometimes meet and trained and loved well by his owners.
I must say I have met more nice ones than horrible ones and to be honest the JRt's I find are mostly the worst but we are lucky here mostly most dogs big and small are all lovely.

I am extra vigilant always have been having always owned large powerful breeds that my dogs have to be well trained and non confrontational except sometimes for Ollie but give him his due he was ill most of his short life.
Saying that he was always under control and never allowed to have the chance to cause injury to another living being.
If I can do it with dogs that weigh as much as some humans I really do not see why everyone else can't. If you can't then don't own a dog of any breed.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-08-2020, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I hate with a passion people who do not "think dog" when they have one.

I agree with you on this Kazz, dogs are four legged cannines not two legged humans. If you own a dog you must (at least try to) see the world through his (her) eyes, that can require a big shift in thinking on the part of the human and that's the problem, you just need to read Chris's post above to see that.

They think in completely different ways to humans, I believe in the pack theory, dogs want nothing more than to be together but that implies there must be a leader, that does not mean the biggest and strongest will be the natural leader.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-08-2020, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
except sometimes for Ollie but give him his due he was ill most of his short life.

It was the same with our Baruska, it was only after she died that it suddenly hit me that despite the pain she was in for almost her entire life she still tried to find food for 'her pack' still tried to defend 'her pack' from nasty big creatures (Of which the coal delivery lorry was a classic) and still tried to enlarge 'her pack' by visiting all our neighbours and 'flirting' with them (to get them to come and live with us )
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2