Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 05:38 AM
How did both Pereg & yourself get on through the night Malka? x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 05:46 AM
What a ghastly time for you both. There's really nothing worse than seeing your dog in distress or pain and not being able to do anything about it

Really hoping for some calm for you today, Malka....

Gentle hugs for Pereg

x0x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 05:53 AM
I'm so sorry to hear Pereg was so bad late last night, and I'm really hoping she settled down for you so you could get some sleep yourself. I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be for you to see your beloved girl going through this, you must feel so helpless. Sending all our love and positive vibes that she's fine this morning and you got a good rest overnight It must be totally draining for both of you.xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-08-2011, 06:05 AM
Poor Pereg and poor you.

I hope you both eventually got a good nights rest. How are you both this morning ?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 07:10 AM
Let us know you are both ok?
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 07:19 AM
So sorry to read this thread Malka. Keeping fingers crossed that Pereg is better this morning. Hugs to you both.xx
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 07:26 AM
White light to you both{{{hugs}}}

Hope things have settled and you both had a sleep. Never been through anything like this but it must be so frightening as there won't be a lot you can do
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-08-2011, 08:11 AM
I have just realised how shaky I was trying to post - even misspelled Pereg in the title. To be honest I have no idea how I managed to type as I only had brief few minutes inbetween Pereg's almost hysteria.

It was way past 3am before I got to bed and she kept moving and panting and as soon as she settled I needed the loo - realised that during the bad hours she had not let me go to the loo. So I had to get up and that set Pereg off again with her whining and restlessness.

I gave up and got up about 6am and am putting off phoning the surgery as Ram will not be there and Cheli does not have his experience with epilepsy. He said last night to phone and that Pereg's Pb will have to be increased but Cheli had said she was on the maximum dose. Over the maximum dose already but she was not. Ram said she was on the minimum dose.

Really I do not know what to do. From what Ram said I know I can increase the dose slightly and think I should wait until he is back. I had phoned the surgery number not the mobile number, thinking it was transferred to whoever was on duty but it went through to Ram, not Cheli.

Pereg is now spark out. I gave her her Pb and SAMe around 7am and about an hour later she started nagging for food, going to the freezer to say she wanted chicken wings - no she is not spoiled but you cannot reason with a dog at the best of times and trying not to give in to an epi dog who is still post-ictal is asking for trouble. The word "NO" is wiped from her memory at such times.

So I gave her one then she nagged for another. Now, as I say, she is flat out across the doorway. Good thing the door opens outwards otherwise I would be blocked in. But then I cannot even go across the road to the shop at the moment as I dare not leave her. I do not need anything though.

But she was so very very bad last night and I did not think she would come out of it. And when she finally did it was even worse than it had been in the morning.

I honestly do not know what is going to be the best for her.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Poor you and poor her.

No one can help you but lots of thoughts coming to you both.

love
rune
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 08:18 AM
I am pleased that for the moment Pereg is settled, this gives you time to think a bit better than you obviously could last night. You must be shattered Malka, can't you try get an hours sleep while Pereg is 'comfy'?

Wish I was closer to help you through this.

Huge ((((hugs)))) for both you & Pereg xxxx
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >