View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2016, 12:15 PM
optimism is a good thing LG....i am sure thinking the weather can only get better is o.k...just do it with your fingers crossed Lol
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Griff - It's not just your fingers you need to cross when living up here, this place can be a very bleak hole in winter. I love it for it's wildness and windblown beauty but it's not everybody's cup of tea and that's putting it mildly. At least we seem to have been spared the snow that we were promised.
Hope Dex is getting back to normal for you - if only to save you dragging him and his carrying box about on endless public transport journeys.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-11-2016, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
If you haven't already turned on the news I wouldn't bother.
I rarely do these days, SWMBO has had it on in two languages because she thinks the same as you, I just try to keep the world at a distance, like I've said before, stop the world I want to get off
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-11-2016, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
my mum in law said a similar thing to you about my friend.
Mandy I'm gobsmacked that someone could write such a thing I mean what is the purpose of such a comment

I have been trying to think of a suitable comment to her, the best I can come up with at the moment is:-

"That's OK dear, I've already crossed you off my Xmas card list"

Fact is Mandy I have loads of people I've not seen for a long time but if for some reason we did get in touch or meet I would not be so rude and would be pleased to see them.

How does one define a 'friend' anyway on the not to be named book facey thing there's people who seem to think that they have to do anything possible to get their 'freinds' list up, aided by that muppet who runs the show, it all amazes me and I don't like it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-11-2016, 01:17 PM
Poor old Casey has a temperature so we will be off to the vet shortly to get him checked over, he's been subdued and didn't eat everything last night (Which is not normal for him) See you latter.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2016, 01:46 PM
Oh dear Harvey, hope he is going to be ok.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-11-2016, 01:58 PM
Hoping Casey is OK and its a minor thing. Never stops does it
Had girls out for a charge round, got some cracking piccies of them, will get them edited and put a couple up
Not raining, has warmed up a bit as well. More lambs tails simmering on the hob making me more bone soup.
Never found the parcel left by Hermes, or managed to decipher the writing, even looked in my flower baskets and between the hedge and the wall this morning. Hoping it wasn't important thats all.
Got a lovely piccie of Horatio in snow this morning, we have more rain forecast. Never mind I'm sure we'll get some eventually
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2016, 03:04 PM
oh Gosh Harvey, i really do hope that Casey is o.k and it is nothing too serious
LG, dex cat loves the bus, everyone makes such a fuss of him....the problem is i have to put a hot water bottle in his carrier and that is what weighs a tonne
TW, i hope we don't get the snow....i like it the first day but after that when it goes to ice i am too scared to go out Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-11-2016, 03:40 PM
Do hope Casey is ok Harvey.

Thank you all for Gill's good wishes.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-11-2016, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Do hope Casey is ok Harvey.

Thank you all for Gill's good wishes.
Yes I read your post on Gill and thought 'That's an improvement over last time' keep us posted please.

Casey had a good check over, temperature, pulse, gums, all normal, vet sold me some (expensive) stuff for his ears, but that was it. So bit of a false alarm but SWMBO is happy
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >