View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-11-2016, 01:52 PM
I have just had a brilliant idea. When getting to a roundabout in a car you can turn left only. Look how much quicker that would make the traffic flow.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-11-2016, 01:53 PM
Glad you had a good walk today June.
Would be awful wouldn't it. He was saying after I asked about the ones who started with him that most of them have gone. Several possibilities why not enough work in the end, bad training from the agency staff or the agency is more expensive so seems he is one of the last in the group that started with him.
Back to the drawing board for him. Yes at least he has a bed, warmth now the heating is fixed and food.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2016, 03:39 PM
Lynn, my best wishes sent to Gill today and the most positive Tumour shrinking thoughts i can muster, lets hope the chemo does it's job and shrinks the tumour. As for Mark....i hope next year brings him a terrific job that will enable him to get himself and Joel settled.
A big Hi from me here.... as for christmas Lol...i am all done!!! i started the end of september and i am waiting on one gift to come and wrap up and that's it. Nipped to town to get some cards and ran into my cousin, was lovely to see her so happy and confident and apparently it made her day seeing me, and she is learning to camouflage make up for scars birthmarks etc and as i have a really awful keloid scar on my knee and she has been desperately searching for someone who has one it would seem i am just brilliant
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Thank you for all the lovely positive thoughts for gill and Mark griff.
Nice to see you back and sounding happier.
Haven't even started Christmas here yet. So looks like you might become a model.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-11-2016, 04:38 PM
My heating allowance been paid in, so now I will get a few small items for immediate family and friends. Then I will see how much I have left and try and get the kitchen decorated and the new floor down. Which in turn frees up space for me to put the Christmas tree up, which stayed in its box last year due to a certain roll of flooring,which is there still!!!
Oooh Griff, you'll be ideal really.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2016, 05:17 PM
Good evening everyone

So sorry for Mark Lynn just hope he finds the perfect job in the New Yer and can settle with Joel where he wishes olive. Best wishes to Gill and hope this round of chemo works.

Nice to see you Griff and pleased you are feeling better. I haven't tarted Christmas yet but must think about writing my cards tomorrow.

Good that the girls had a good run and none interred with your time June. Hopefully the flooring will be where it should be in time for Christmas this year

Been busy today. This morning did the monthly food shop and by the time I had put it away and sorted everything out, fed the little girlie it was time to go out for lunch. Then my son and I have been round the tile shops and looked at vinyl flooring and carpet (I suggested he carpeted his bedroom before he put the bed etc back) taken the girlie out again it is time for a coffee and sandwich. Now plan on taking it easy for the evening. Didn't go tile hunting yesterday as the F1 was on and by the time that finished the shops were shutting.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-11-2016, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
these are agencies that literally flood the workplaces with bodies that are needed on a daily basis.
Temporary workers mostly Eastern European.
Yes, sounds more like a 'gang master' set up. They operate around here on the farms sometimes, and if I remember correctly it was a 'gang master' operation on the Morecombe Sands a few years ago when many workers were drowned.

As you said these are not proper employment agencies and I'm sure they were illegal until about 1960 then the law was changed.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-11-2016, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
My heating allowance been paid in,
Had the letter last week but you're at the start of the alphabet and we're at the end (almost) so will probably be a few more days
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-11-2016, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
A big Hi from me here.... as for christmas Lol...i am all done!!!
So nice to see you and wish I could say the same regards Christmas, I might venture into the loft and retrieve the tree tomorrow, need to check if there are any mice up there, I think we've seen the last of them but it has taken two winters to do the job
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Can sympathise with you there Harvey pesky varmints.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >