View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Oh I'm so sorry to be reading this latest news Azz I had the very same with Cassie as her cancer progressed, but being 11 1/2 years old, being such an intrusive and difficult op for the vet to deal with it, we made the same decision, we enjoyed the time we had left with her and tried to not only make her life as comfortable as possible, but tried just about everything going we could think of.

I know how very helpless you must feel and I also know you will do your utmost for your boy as you always have, he's as happy and comfortable as possible there at home with you, so enjoy this very precious time just like I did with Cassie.

Lots of healing vibes and hugs for you both.xxxxxx
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2011, 02:45 PM
So sorry for your news ,Azz. It must have been very hard for you to make a decision for Rocky .I know I would make the same decision as you have, if I were in your position,.We are all thinking of you -there seem to be so many people here at the moment who are in a similar position and am glad that we are all here to support each other.
Big hugs to you and to Rocky,love from Maureen
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 03:31 PM
I`m sorry the diagnosis wasn`t more promising. But I know your dog will end his days surrounded by love and security and after all - none of us knows when our time will come.
I have also made a decision like this with with a GSD who had mammary cancer, and I never regretted it. Her last year was joyful - then she was at peace.
You have a difficult road ahead - take each day as it comes
X
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Sending loads of positive vibes for you and your gorgeous lad *Hugs*

Thinking of you xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 07:34 PM
How are things going for Rocky, Azz? Sending big hugs for both of you.
x
Azz
Administrator
Male 

21-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks again everyone for your posts xx

He's doing ok thanks LS. Think he's getting a bit thinner but that might be the change in diet (which I've upped now). We put his epiphen back up btw - the last thing he needs now is a fit.

I emailed our vet today to give him an update and he completely agrees with our decision. I also asked if a call out would be possible for the dreaded day and he's said yes even though we live quite a way away. If we do have to say goodbye to Rocky I would rather it happens here, at home with his family. He's always a bit anxious going to the vets and I think him having to go looking all worried would haunt me

The lump seems to get a bit bigger every day - it's quite scary really how fast it's grown.

On a brighter note he's enjoying all the extra cuddles and treats he's getting - and he loves being allowed on the sofa now tbh, I don't know why I didn't let him on there before - it's not like we get many visitors lol.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Rocky and you have so much love n will be strong for each other whatever's going on x He's getting loads of cuddles but sending big ones from here too n for you too, thinking of you both very much ((xx))
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Thanks again everyone for your posts xx

He's doing ok thanks LS. Think he's getting a bit thinner but that might be the change in diet (which I've upped now). We put his epiphen back up btw - the last thing he needs now is a fit.

I emailed our vet today to give him an update and he completely agrees with our decision. I also asked if a call out would be possible for the dreaded day and he's said yes even though we live quite a way away. If we do have to say goodbye to Rocky I would rather it happens here, at home with his family. He's always a bit anxious going to the vets and I think him having to go looking all worried would haunt me

The lump seems to get a bit bigger every day - it's quite scary really how fast it's grown.

On a brighter note he's enjoying all the extra cuddles and treats he's getting - and he loves being allowed on the sofa now tbh, I don't know why I didn't let him on there before - it's not like we get many visitors lol.
Oh love, I think you are right with the epiphen. He was on quite a low dose (I think) and there were no side effects. I also think you are right about the diet and being thinner. That's one thing I've found with raw meat - Loki has an enormous appetite but he doesn't put on weight.

You are a thinker so I won't try to tell you to not think about worst case scenarios. I know you will have thought them through from every angle, planned for them and more but I will tell you to enjoy every moment with Rocky, that gorgeous softy. And if that means having him on the sofa then why the hell not, eh? You've got me wondering why I don't allow Loki on the sofa now. Could be because he smells at the best of times. We could always get a throw ...

I know it seems a cliche but really, please give him an extra special hug from me. And one for you too.

Dogs really affect our lives, don't they?
xxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 08:07 PM
So sorry that the news is not more positive Azz.

I know you will keep fighting for Rocky, but then ultimately make the right decision when the time comes. Thinking of you both.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 08:10 PM
You are going through such a difficult time Azz and I do feel for you. Lots of hugs for you both and hope you have more quality time than you think. Unless you have a very big settee I should imagine Rocky will take up most of it with you squeezed on the end
Page 19 of 45 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 > Last »