View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Sounds positive Snorri. I was wondering about you not being able to live there to be able to receive the benefit of the adaptations that have been made for you.

Mum 11 years ago had new central heating installed free for her and Dad the rules were if they died or left the house the money would have to be repayed if less than 3 years.

She now has an adapted bathroom which the cost would of have to be repaid if the house is sold or she dies think the time limit on that is up now she also has a stair lift that is rented so will have to be returned but all these things were done for her benefit not any one else's as in your case so I think Mrs S may find herself in some pretty deep trouble soon. Hope all is resolved quietly and soon as if you need this stress.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Sounds a bit more hopeful now , fingers crossed for you
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2009, 06:08 PM
good luck really hope that u can get back into YOUR home. u have contributed towards it for years so its your place as well as hers.
fingers n paws crossed here.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Sounds very positive. Hope you get back home soon.
Becky
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2009, 08:01 AM
hi snorri,
Sorry to hear of your problems, its just a thought, but has the benifits office been informed, that she is no longer your carer( thats if she was getting carers allowance)?. also if you have a disabilty car and tax disc. that will have to be returned. all that will hit her pocket.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Sounds like you've got yourself a very good bloke there Snorri to act on your behalf! I don't think you've got many worries now do you?! Good luck, keep at it!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-07-2009, 01:27 PM
D'uh! Bloody solicitor is not returning my calls now - he's always "in a meeting" or "on the phone". Whilst I do the finding-out he's supposed to be doing! I give him info on a platter and he ignores it????? Three times today, I've left messages and have been told he'll call right back. I've had silence since 9.15 a.m.!

What I need him to do NOW is find out whether or not Orkney Islands Council operate the same way as Ayrshire (I think they have to - these are Scottish Executive rules), then inform Mrs.S of what will occur if she persists in this (illegal) action. However, telling him this seems to be impossible!

Snorri
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
D'uh! Bloody solicitor is not returning my calls now - he's always "in a meeting" or "on the phone". Whilst I do the finding-out he's supposed to be doing! I give him info on a platter and he ignores it????? Three times today, I've left messages and have been told he'll call right back. I've had silence since 9.15 a.m.!

What I need him to do NOW is find out whether or not Orkney Islands Council operate the same way as Ayrshire (I think they have to - these are Scottish Executive rules), then inform Mrs.S of what will occur if she persists in this (illegal) action. However, telling him this seems to be impossible!

Snorri
There is nothing worse Doug than people who won't return calls. I know your solicitor is allegedly on the case but in the meantime could you ask the citizens advice if they can find outif the councils operate the same. I now work the council here and will be back in tomorrow so will see what I can find out.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Hmmmmm, solicitor is going to "email me in a couple of days" says the receptionist. Somebody remind me what I'm paying this man for!

Snorri
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2009, 03:36 PM
I hate it when solicitors don't return calls but in my limited experience of them that's fairly typical
Page 15 of 37 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 > Last »