Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by LoobyLou663 View Post
I agree with you, i just thought this thread went way off what we were talking about, and some people just can't accept different opinions, i'm not going to agree against my opinion just to make other people happy.
It did and I agree
ste
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by louise! View Post
Most of the shelters near me ask for £100-200 as an adoption fee for mongrels. Puppies go for more. What's wrong with that? At least if someone is charging that kind of price they can be sure that potential buyers are serious. Charging £30 for a puppy is a ridiculous idea regardless of the breed or mix. If someone isn't willing or able to pay more than £100 for a dog what's to say they aren't willing or able to pay for vet fees or dog food either? I can understand not wanting to fund designer mixes but accidental litters are another thing entirely imo.
paying £200 in a rescue is one thing.... a dog from a rescue has been health checked, vaccinated, wormed etc, AND they will then help another dog. IMO that is money far better spent,
than supporting these people who are either careless, or on the make.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Quite a lot of us own crosses and mongrels and pay different amounts for them. As do pedigree owners. Does it matter? Why should you care what we pay for them? You say your piece then say JMO - then no one can argue. Tbh £400 for a mini Yorkie sounds daft for me.. I'd want a bit more dog for that price - JMO
I don't know what a "mini" Yorkie is, but last time I checked they were still dogs. Or are they not dog enough because they are small?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Thats just arediculous comment to make. Whos "breedist" now? think you'll find theres plenty dog in a terrier! This is just rediculous

your dogs were bred for working gun dog purposes were they not? Bit different, unless your just funding the designer dog tend, in which case jog on
Surely not in a Mini Terrier A terrier was the wrong choice... hmm dare I say Chihuahua? (Joking!)

And yes mine were working gundog lines but thats not the point If I didn't plan to work them then they'd just be a designer cross wouldn't they
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I don't know what a "mini" Yorkie is, but last time I checked they were still dogs. Or are they not dog enough because they are small?
It was a joke hence the ""
bfetterman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2012, 03:35 PM
I just read all the posts so I am caught up on everything and here's my take on the situation:

There are people on here who wouldnt pay much for a mongrel/crossbreed/mutt, whatever you want to call it. And that's fine. But there some of us who would, which should be fine too. Personally, I would pay the same price for a pedigree as I would a mutt. Why? Because I love it. In no situation would I ever pay an exuberant amount of money for ANY dog though, simply because there are some things in life that money can be better spent on, like bills. Does that make me less of a dog lover? Absolutely not. Just means I don't have that kind of luxury.

In terms of value, financial or otherwise, it depends on the person. I think that there are health problems in all dogs and there is no guarantee as to what you'll possibly get, whether or not its pedigree and whether or not it has had health checks. That's why I will pay the same amount for a pedigree as a mix, because there is no guarantee either way.

As for the "funding a backyard breeder" statements, somebody somewhere is going to buy the puppies and keep their "business" going. That's the only point that was trying to be made. So if some of the people on here want to buy a puppy from those "irresponsible breeders" then that's their decision. It is not a waste of money to them and at least that one pup is guaranteed a good home.

Now, can we all just get along?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 03:37 PM
It was a joke hence the ""
Soz......
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 03:37 PM
I have friends with Yorkies and they come in different sizes...i don't know much about them tho tbh. I know they are defo not the type t to go to byb tho.
LoobyLou663
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2012, 03:40 PM
i really need to learn all this lingo byb ive got the tbh even thr dog breeds ive looked at letters and thought they own a what?? lol i need to get with it. lmao
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Surely not in a Mini Terrier A terrier was the wrong choice... hmm dare I say Chihuahua? (Joking!)

And yes mine were working gundog lines but thats not the point If I didn't plan to work them then they'd just be a designer cross wouldn't they
Its totally the point as thats why they were bred. The reason someone is breeding says a lot....
Page 14 of 24 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »