Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by LoobyLou663 View Post
i dont think anyone is going to agree on here, i appreciate the different points of views and that some people are willing to keep irrisponsible breeders in business, and some of us aren't. It is good to see the different views tho and hope all the pups from the first post on here find good homes, regardless of price
Same here.
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2012, 02:01 PM
I think it's ironic that I'm being lectured for supporting irresponsible breeders by rescuing two mongrels from a shelter by someone who it seems owns a teacup yorkie.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by louise! View Post
I think it's ironic that I'm being lectured for supporting irresponsible breeders by rescuing two mongrels from a shelter by someone who it seems owns a teacup yorkie.
Hardly (and she said she wouldnt spend thousands importing as it would mean debt, plus talking about purchasing from "breeders")
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
as you say LL it doesnt, I have had cats for nothing, cats for 30 and one at hundreds. They all get looked after the same way.
I agree with baileysblind and Malka. All the pups from rescue at that price I have seen have cost the rescue money, for a start they didn't breed them but are giving up their time, energy, using their cars, have other dogs to look after, websites to maintain, homechecks, vaccinations......and usually at least one of the pups had been ill and needed vet care that the breeders didn't want or couldn't pay for. Plus will help with neutering costs later in some instances. Plenty more overheads and if it more than covers the pups cost the there will be adult dogs that get help from that money.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 02:10 PM
As I said earlier, I can only answer for myself and I have.
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Anti-mongrel attitudes contribute to the number of unwanted dogs just like irresponsible breeders do. A dog is a dog is a dog.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Anti-mongrel attitudes contribute to the number of unwanted dogs just like irresponsible breeders do. A dog is a dog is a dog.
Who is Anti-mongrel on here?
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 02:23 PM
WOW Bailey's blind you've opened a right can of worms here
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Who is Anti-mongrel on here?
I would go and quote all the examples but I now have that person on ignore
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by LoobyLou663 View Post
yes i do actually, i think paying that amount of money for any dog is stupid.
Wow - hate to tell you how much I paid for both my crossbreeds.. That £170 is no where near what we paid.

Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
WOW Bailey's blind you've opened a right can of worms here
Couldn't you tell by the title what was going to come? We should have what another forum I have has and rules against bashing crossbreeds and mongrels. Yes, yes, I know, not really a bashing thread yadda yadda yadda, but it kinda is..

On the other hand Sadie cost her owners £5 and she's been the best dog they ever had
LoobyLou663
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2012, 02:45 PM
lol i wasn't lecturing you, you seem to have a problem with me because i do not share your view. I have not once said that the breed is a t cup, i said i have read that they are being advertised as a t cup or minuature thank you very much. i have no once put you down, tried to talk as though i am better than you or have an attitude with you, i have just disagreed with you opinion which i am entitled to. I am not anti mongrel i just "would not pay out a rediculous price for one" i actually am starting to think you are more anti towards me not this discussion as you are constantly having little digs towards me rather than just disagreeing. So what i have a pedigree dog with papers, i have stated that the kennel club have not recognised the breed as t cup or miniature, so where you get off trying to say that i think i have one i dont know. First you had a problem with Dobermann and now me, i think you need to take a breather and realise it is just a discussion and we are all entitled to our own opinion whether its the same or not isnt the end of the world really is it.
Page 12 of 24 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »