View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Glad to see you feeling more positive The rats say the will send you a cyber tail lashing if you get down again
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2011, 02:35 PM
ooh we going swimming? giz a shout n i'll come n bug u xx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
Hiya Brierly, i think khal is on the glucosomine, havent heard of green lipped mussel? Sounds like your boy is doing really well. Heres hoping Khal does just aswell. Thankyou for sharing xx
Green Lipped Mussel is excellent for arthritis. No one is quite sure why it works, but it does in so many cases that it can't be ignored. The glucosomine (and chondroitin) alone still left Sam with a limp, but the GLM did the trick - he'd had the limp for over 12 months.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Just a quick note on that suitable comfy bedding (when he is not on yours, or the sofa etc of course). Do you use vet bed? If not then it might be worthwhile investing in a couple of squares for his own bed at night time.......it washes beautifully and lasts for years, but more importantly it is brilliant for arthritic dogs as it not only provides soft warmth but also wicks away any hint of moisture.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Glad to see you feeling more positive The rats say the will send you a cyber tail lashing if you get down again
I'll behave, I promise!!

Originally Posted by Jem View Post
ooh we going swimming? giz a shout n i'll come n bug u xx
Ahh I shall let ya know mrs

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Green Lipped Mussel is excellent for arthritis. No one is quite sure why it works, but it does in so many cases that it can't be ignored. The glucosomine (and chondroitin) alone still left Sam with a limp, but the GLM did the trick - he'd had the limp for over 12 months.
I'll have a look for it, do you use it along side te glucosomine? thankyou brierly xx

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Just a quick note on that suitable comfy bedding (when he is not on yours, or the sofa etc of course). Do you use vet bed? If not then it might be worthwhile investing in a couple of squares for his own bed at night time.......it washes beautifully and lasts for years, but more importantly it is brilliant for arthritic dogs as it not only provides soft warmth but also wicks away any hint of moisture.
I have heard of vetbed, but never actually looked at tem. Thanks hun, I'll go check it out.

The tablets seem to be doing big fella te world of good, he is occasionally still growling/jumping up when sasi or Ruby stand on his back end, but not half as bad as what he was, so far so good xx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
I'll have a look for it, do you use it along side te glucosomine? thankyou brierly xx
Yes you do. I tend to buy from Holland and Barratt but you can get it online from various outlets.

Sam is a Border Collie and his vet at the time advised to give him the human adult dosage on the packaging.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2011, 05:07 PM
So nice to hear you more positive.

For Ollie for bedding I used a piece of memory foam I had it left over from a single bed. I bought a plastic sheet thing (the type used for childrens beds) to put over it so when he wet himself which he couldn't help due to the steroids it stopped it going through to the memory foam and had quilt covers which went over the top. I could wash them. The plastic sheeting could be washed over with a damp cloth and dried.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Yes you do. I tend to buy from Holland and Barratt but you can get it online from various outlets.

Sam is a Border Collie and his vet at the time advised to give him the human adult dosage on the packaging.
Fantastic thankyou, theres a H&B beside the vets, I'll see what they say then xx

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
So nice to hear you more positive.

For Ollie for bedding I used a piece of memory foam I had it left over from a single bed. I bought a plastic sheet thing (the type used for childrens beds) to put over it so when he wet himself which he couldn't help due to the steroids it stopped it going through to the memory foam and had quilt covers which went over the top. I could wash them. The plastic sheeting could be washed over with a damp cloth and dried.
Thanks Lynn, am feeling alot more with it now Am gonna have a look at beds when I get paid & choose the cheapest but best option for him. Things are way tight at the mo, but my lad isnt gonna suffer for it xx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2011, 06:29 PM
So sorry to hear of Khal's HD.

There are many different ways to deal with it though and plenty of experienced people on here to help you along. I know quite a few people who have dogs with horrendous hip scores but with good management their dogs live very healthy, happy lives.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-09-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm really sorry, I cannot offer any advice on meds and stuff. My two have not gone through anything like you have with Khal and Ruby. (How is she by the way, since having her teeth done)??

It confuses me (not difficult at my age) having all these different threads, having more than one dog!!!

But I will know who to come to as soon as they start to show signs

Hope your two are as well as can be. They both have an excellent nurse !!

Debs x x
Page 12 of 19 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »