Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Just checking in and sending hugs. Gentle ones for Ollie
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Just checking in to read your updates,sending hugs to you and gentle cuddles to Ollie xx
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Wondered how Ollie is doing, hope he's ok and there's a bit if sun for him where you are. Cuddles n hugs to all of you ((xx))
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Just checking in and sending hugs. Gentle ones for Ollie
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Just checking in to read your updates,sending hugs to you and gentle cuddles to Ollie xx
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Wondered how Ollie is doing, hope he's ok and there's a bit if sun for him where you are. Cuddles n hugs to all of you ((xx))
Hi all. The overall news is good his mobility is so much better. He still doesn't walk right not sure if he ever will and has a definite roll on his hips now although a lot better I do wonder if it will stay with him now for his life. But he can take in himself in and out of the garden now we stay with him when he goes up and down the ramp as it is wet and a bit slippery but he does not need a harness on anymore for going in and out of the garden he can take himself off to the pond for a drink which is his preferred watering hole if the back door is left open.

He seems quiet during the day but because we can not go far with him or often I suppose thats all he has to do. When the weather is warmer and drier he can have his mattress outside and lay in the garden. He does follow me around more now especially if food is going on.

He still is not reacting to the front door workmen are putting the path back today he just looked up and laid down again so that is a little worry with him usually he would of been stood by the front door barking at them to go away and they were annoying him. So not sure if that is good thing or a bad thing. The bump on the top of his head through muscle wastage is a lot more prominent now so that is also a little worry. There is one of those whacker plates going off now he hasn't batted and eye lid usually he would of been up and making himself known he was the other side of the door. Apart from those little things he has come on leaps and bounds and seems to be happy if it stays dry I may take him for a little stroll to the end of the road and back (2 mins) as Gorden is out this afternoon and Michael is at an interview if not I may wait till tomorrow and we will video him. But he will be getting a little stroll out this week.

So two weeks of steroids on Thursday and he is much much better. We do some days wake up to wet beds but he has a waterproof cover now so it is not a problem.

Thanks for still hanging in there with us.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Oh that is good news Sounds like he is doing really well on the steriods.

(((hugs))) for you all
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 10:55 AM
He is doing well and so are all of you, take care (x)
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 06:16 PM
You know Lynn, I cannot help but get a lump in my throat whenever I read your updates. It is so fantastic to hear of his progress, especially when things seemed so bleak.

Good Lad Ollie, keep up the good work (you too Lynn! ) xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Oh that is good news Sounds like he is doing really well on the steriods.

(((hugs))) for you all
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
He is doing well and so are all of you, take care (x)
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
You know Lynn, I cannot help but get a lump in my throat whenever I read your updates. It is so fantastic to hear of his progress, especially when things seemed so bleak.

Good Lad Ollie, keep up the good work (you too Lynn! ) xx
Thank you all.

We went for our little stroll he was walking with more difficulty when out and we can not think about upping the walk 2 mins is his limit still at this time.

We saw a neighbour today and she was asking how he was. I mentioned his muscle wastage on his head and she said from where she was standing she could see his head was now looking smaller. She was glad to see him out and about though even if it was for such a short time.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm constantly checking in for updates Lynn, so even if I don't post, please remember I'm another one hanging on in there for you and Ollie. Still a bit of a rollercoaster then, but as you say, the spring is coming, he'll enjoy laying outside in the garden sniffing the air, pottering about a bit more perhaps. I know you probably want to see a much greater improvement, and you don't want to be seeing what's going on with his head and the muscle wastage, but you really have done over and above, it's just a waiting game still really isn't it, but as long as he's still happy and painfree that's all you can ask for for now. I hope you're not forgetting all those Ollie floor cuddles everybody keeps sending him!!! good luck Lynn, don't get too despondant that it's not a quick fix as of yet, coz you just never know what can happen, he might surprise you yet!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 08:14 PM
So pleased to hear there is improvement, Lynn.....

x0x0x0x0x
Page 118 of 123 « First < 18 68 108 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 > Last »