Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Louise your the one who is turning it into pedigree v's mongrel. The rest of us are talking about PURCHASE COST.
So am I. Did you read my post? It was about purchase cost, and how it does not always reflect what you actually get.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by LoobyLou663 View Post
well said trouble i do disagree with the way kennel club works, i was shocked when i realised you dont have to health test and can register a litter, they arent exactly pushing to keep the best bloodlines going and iliminate the ones with bad test results. kind of seems a bit pointless with the way it works especially with the fact there is no proof of which bitch a litter came from, you could have a bitch that only provides small litters or cant be bred from, but use another bitch and just put the first bitches name down as mother. Also some dogs like british bull dogs have to have c section and from what i have read cant breed naturally so i can understand why they are expensive as its the work involved to produce a litter, and sometimes only one pup produced.
You are only allowed to register two litters from a bitch if she has to have a c section though & if you care enough about lines you know your dog is who it is supposed to be because it is DNA tested & results recorded at the Kennel Club. My bitch who was actually free comes from DNA tested parents with excellent hips, elbows etc while my boy who has no tests cost me money from a rescue,
I love them both equally
Having had GSDs for over 50 years I will admit some have been really long lived & some not so lucky but on the whole they have averged over 12 years so not bad, We have only had two mongrels in the family, One died at 9 having had heakth problems most of her life, The other died at 14 months so if I'm going on personal experience I'd say pedigrees are much healthier though I know my experience isn't everybodies.
LoobyLou663
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2012, 01:04 PM
im sorry but like i said before im not a mug, i would not pay the same for a mongrel that i can for a pedigree like Dobermann's breeder well bred, health checked, etc if i find a mongrel in my area would any of you be interested in buying it for £800 off me? ill be the middle man, if you want to waste your money at least offer it to me
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2012, 01:06 PM
if you want to waste your money at least offer it to me
This right here is the attitude I'm reacting to.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 01:07 PM
im sorry but like i said before im not a mug, i would not pay the same for a mongrel that i can for a pedigree like Dobermann's breeder well bred, health checked, etc if i find a mongrel in my area would any of you be interested in buying it for £800 off me? ill be the middle man, if you want to waste your money at least offer it to me

Now why didn't I think of that
LoobyLou663
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
You are only allowed to register two litters from a bitch if she has to have a c section though & if you care enough about lines you know your dog is who it is supposed to be because it is DNA tested & results recorded at the Kennel Club. My bitch who was actually free comes from DNA tested parents with excellent hips, elbows etc while my boy who has no tests cost me money from a rescue,
I love them both equally
Having had GSDs for over 50 years I will admit some have been really long lived & some not so lucky but on the whole they have averged over 12 years so not bad, We have only had two mongrels in the family, One died at 9 having had heakth problems most of her life, The other died at 14 months so if I'm going on personal experience I'd say pedigrees are much healthier though I know my experience isn't everybodies.
I did correct myself with the c section as i was wrong. I dont know anyone with a kc registered dog that breeds that has done the DNA testing, not sure if it has to happen for c section, but anyone that has normal births i do not know one person. I feel this is important and was shocked when i realised that kennel club dont actually enforce their rules with such testing to register a litter. Sorry for your loss, kc reg or not still heart breaking when a dog dies
LoobyLou663
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by louise! View Post
This right here is the attitude I'm reacting to.
lol attitude, who are you exactly?? everyone is entitled to their opinion and like i said, i am not stupid enough to waste my money. If you want to thats your choice.
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2012, 01:14 PM
lol attitude, who are you exactly?? everyone is entitled to their opinion and like i said, i am not stupid enough to waste my money. If you want to thats your choice.
So you think someone who pays £4k to ship a mongrel dog over from Greece is stupid?

I paid £150 for this dog 7 years ago.

Do you think that was a waste as well? Because she's not a pedigree?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 01:15 PM
I did correct myself with the c section as i was wrong. I dont know anyone with a kc registered dog that breeds that has done the DNA testing, not sure if it has to happen for c section, but anyone that has normal births i do not know one person. I feel this is important and was shocked when i realised that kennel club dont actually enforce their rules with such testing to register a litter. Sorry for your loss, kc reg or not still heart breaking when a dog dies
And dna ID to along with registration of pups would be good as a lot of byb use the same bitch and register using another bitches papers...as otherwise they couldn't get the pups registered due to the frequency and amount of litters....there will always be scam artists and animal abusers though.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Never mind the cross breeds, what I don't understand is why anyone would buy a pedigree and pay the going rate and yet not buy one from fully health tested parents.
Page 10 of 24 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »