View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2024, 01:09 PM
Yes griff Gorden rang them and it now registered as a complaint and he should get a call in the next few days we guess after Bank holiday now from a complaint handler.
Not sure if they will do anything but nothing ventured nothing gained.
You never know they might not be impressed by the guy suggesting a 2nd hand part off ebay and the garage they use fitting it and claiming through the warranty.
He even kindly pulled up one on ebay.
We feel that is what is wrong and so does the Kia guy Paul knows but until it's apart it cannot be properly diagnosed.
So suggesting buying one 2nd hand at that and having it fitted is surely not right.

Oh well watch this space, if we get some help all well and good if not we move onto plan c.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2024, 01:31 PM
Good afternoon all

Murky sun this morning and quite breezy, but after yesterday's rain, we welcomed a proper morning out

I got a text day before yesterday to say I had an eye appointment tomorrow. It didn't make sense so I rang to confirm it and at first was told it's a virtual appointment (ie a phone call). I asked if she could check that so after 5 minutes on hold she came back and said I shouldn't have got that text as it was meant for the doctor as a reminder to review the recent scans etc.

If I hadn't called, we would have made the 30 odd mile journey to the hospital to be told I didn't have an appointment. This isn't the first time this has happened. Since they moved the appointments over to Lincoln, it's all gone to hell and back

Dave is in a grumpy mood so me thinks an afternoon of reading is on the cards
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2024, 01:48 PM
Oh wow Chris good job you checked.
Enjoy the reading.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2024, 02:19 PM
I think a lot of us suffer from a sort of depression at times and we just pull our selves up and get on with it unless of course it is very bad then we need more help. For me if I could just know if where a certain someone is then I would be really ok. Hm should I have said all that? Yep because it helps to put things down in writing. Have a good afternoon everyone. Suns out.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2024, 02:49 PM
Good to off load brenda.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2024, 05:53 PM
Lynn, is there a chance that the guy sources a second hand part yet bills for new.....or reconditioned, if it's an older vehicle and parts are hard to source, warranty will sometimes accept a manufacturer reconditioned unit but untested second hand parts....no, you could end up in the same boat in a day's time. Garages seem to want to take the easy option for them, the guy who was doing my dad's first BMW wanted me to buy a second hand untested engine....I told him where to go( turns out he couldn't put the engine back together!)
Brenda, is this your husband?? Could you call a few care homes? Could you get someone to call his sister under the guise of being from drs, hospital etc and that you are confirming his address but give his old address....then the person says "I am so sorry, the record hasn't been updated, could you just give me the address" bingo! We had to do it with my mum's aunty but we contacted social services, they couldn't actually tell us anything but encouraged the family to contact her sister
Chris, I am so glad that you checked the appointment, not like it is just round the corner!
I lost a little weight...yay me lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2024, 07:08 PM
We feel that is taking a dodgy road griff and what as you say if it is faulty anyway that is what happened to the first angle sensor Paul purchased off ebay 2nd hand.
It was broken and worse than the one he removed.

We will see what the finance people have to say and are hoping they might write off the debt but won't hold our breath. It would be nice to get some support though.

If not we will pay it off and advertise for sale with a 4x4 issue.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2024, 09:13 PM
Don't know if I'll get this through because the wifi has been on and off since yesterday.

two hours on the phone to vodafone who had us pulling various plug and plugging them in somewhere else and the end result is an engineer is coming tomorrow

Best part was when the guy said I'll send you a link, click on it and I'll be able to take control of the wifi box to see if it is faulting. I reminded him that the only wifi my phone has is when it picks up from the box which was offline at that time

Hopefully it will be sorted tomorrow

Needless to say, Gary isn't happy my computer has been off more than on for messenger yesterday and today
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2