View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Moyra, I think what you have done for Kenny is a wonderful thing, you sound like a lovely lady. I hope Kenny posts soon even if it's just a Hi, I start to get quite concerned. I just know when I lose Poppy I shall feel exactly the same because the bond I have with my dog is extraordinary. She keeps me from slipping into the dark and brings me such joy. I wish Kenny well and really feel for him.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2015, 12:08 PM
Well the last thing I want is for Kenny to lose his property for the want of rent. He will receive it by Special Delivery before 1pm tomorrow so I hope he doesn't go out in the morning. I don't suppose it will cover all his vet bills but hopefully it will help.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2015, 12:09 PM
That's one of the reasons why I usually have more than one because you still have to do for the remaining one(s), and lets not forget they are grieving for the loss of their friend also. That has got me through so very many dark days. When I lost Rafika, my brown dobie, my remaining blue dobie (Piaf) was inconsolable, and it was a blessing in disguise for me because I had to help her through the grieving process. Now I have two mothers and daughters, and I know we will all help each other when the unthinkable happens.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2015, 12:29 PM
June, they do leave such a big gap in your heart when you lose them. I wish I had not waited so long for Amber though when I lost Chloe, it was 10 months of more love I wasted and when the landlady looked as though she was going to forbid for getting another dog it had me so worried. I hope Kenny can find room in his heart for another dog because there are so many out there needing the sort of love he could offer them. Never will replace Harvey but it would give him some comfort and the dog too.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2015, 12:41 PM
When I lost Tawney it was the first time for years that I had been without a dog, during the spring I had lost a re-home greyhound I had from a heart attack at only 5 years old, then Tawney had her first stroke a few months on, I did find a Utonagan litter (had been looking for 2 years) but by the time they came home I had lost Tawney the week before, and that week without her was the worst time ever, she did however come to see me on the Wednesday after she passed away on the Monday, so I would say to Kenny, Harvey is still with you in spirit and he will show you
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2015, 12:41 PM
Kenny, don't forget to look in your junk folder for my e-mails.
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-04-2015, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by Popster View Post
Kenny, one day at a time remember? I wish I could take your pain and hurt away I truly do. If it helps to talk through writing tell us more about Harvey. Tell us his favourite walks, his quirks, his likes/dislikes. Was he ever naughty? I bet he was - Poppy can be. What was he like when you first got him. If I've suggested doing this and its wrong then I'm sorry, I so want to help you through this. I know that sometime someday I will be in your shoes and my Poppy means the world to be. xx
I will Popster and of course it's not wrong to suggest things, don't worry about that.

I do hope that Poppy lives a long and happy life full of the love and happiness she deserves x
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-04-2015, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Kenny, details received from Azz. Will e-mail and also get the mail on its way to you today by special delivery/registered. God bless.

Hi Moyra

Emails received and replies sent.

I can only echo what I said in them that I am lost for words by your kindness, what you have done is really very special and moving.

Thank you is not enough and one day I hope I will be able to return that kindness in some way.

Nothing you have done or said is taken for granted and you did not have to do what you have, for what it's worth you will have my eternal gratitude and I will never forget this.
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-04-2015, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Moyra you're a wonderful person, there are some lovely people on Dogsey, and you are one of them
Never a more true word spoken.

Everyone has been so kind and caring.
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
That's one of the reasons why I usually have more than one because you still have to do for the remaining one(s), and lets not forget they are grieving for the loss of their friend also. That has got me through so very many dark days. When I lost Rafika, my brown dobie, my remaining blue dobie (Piaf) was inconsolable, and it was a blessing in disguise for me because I had to help her through the grieving process. Now I have two mothers and daughters, and I know we will all help each other when the unthinkable happens.
I did think a few times over the years that Harvey may have liked a companion but he always seemed so happy on his own and he was so devoted to me I worried that another dog may have usurped him in some way.

He had his own routeens, he liked to do things at certain times of the day and he was the top dog in his world so I worried that as he was so gentle and complient what if the other dog was more dominant than him and kinda took over his position.

I was always at home so it wasn't a question of him being left without company as we were always together.

My whole day really did revolve around him and caring for him and his needs so I didn't to upset that.
Page 49 of 62 « First < 39 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 59 > Last »