View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 07:02 PM
Thank you Musher. I understand a bit more. I thought you were jeering at us. I still don't like some of the way you worded certain things, and I don't agree with other things you said, but I do understand some of your points in how you are different from us, and that can make POV different. IMO is "in my opinion", by the way. I'm going to back off, because there very well be some misinterpretation going on. Like you said, we need to respect each other's opinions and choices... and I'm going to continue to try to do that.
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2015, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
I have not put down his facts, I've put down his opinions of jealousy, his sarcastic remarks, his comments on dog food being excrement and therefore his insinuation that all of it is the same (absolutely untrue).

By claiming he was an idiot for feeding dog food for whatever reason, it puts the rest of us down, and he seems extremely egotistical for someone who is constantly calling others this. Perhaps he didn't exclude himself, I'll put that out there.

Dislike it all you want, but IMO he needs to step off his pedestal. If there is indeed some kind of misunderstanding, I'd like him to point it out and try to explain rather than just mocking the responses of others. I'd like to know why he believes his statements have been misunderstood.

As for him wanting to leave, so be it. It's his choice and I for one will not try to stop him. If he doesn't wish to associate with Dogsey because of one disagreement over dog food, then perhaps this isn't the best place for him.

I explained my use of the jealousy issue earlier.
I invite mjfromga to point out to me what she considers my sarcastic remarks so I would look at saying things differently.

"idiot"-I stated how I felt at that time and still do for believing the propaganda that was fed to me while I worked there. However, if anybody wishes to identify with me calling myself an idiot by personalizing and/or internalizing my points, staements etc, that is not my choice.
I didn't say commercial dog food is excrement. I said it contained excrement.
The reason I wished to leave is because I was embarrassed for being misunderstood. and yes much like I felt in school with all them self appointed high priests that ridiculed me for being stupid.
I still don't know what IMO is.
I agree with mj in that the "best place for" me is actually outside.
LOL(on me again) I was once told years ago that I would walk a different road off to the side. My road would be different than most people.
I think it's pretty cool that I would see this forum/thread bring more light to that. Isn't life amazing
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2015, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Dr Salter View Post
Why are all of these people arguing about Feeding Raw Dog food? Preaching about how you should feed Raw, and pontificating about how people who do not feed Raw are being unfair to their dogs !. Ive never seen so many idiots on a forum posting in the wrong place !! The thread is headed "Why not feed raw" nothing more, nothing less. Simply post why you choose to not feed is the purpose of this thread, and if you have nothing to say about why you do not feed raw then dont post!!! Post your pompous remarks elsewhere!!!
wow. That's the first time Iv'e heard that word. I feel dumb actually having no idea what it means. It sounds cool though I'm going to search the dictionary then look at my translation dictionary and study this word.
As for 'why not feed raw", ... When I first saw it I translated it as "sure, why not, lets do it that way" and simply wished to converse with like minded people.
And if you are calling me an idiot for being on this post maybe think of "What if he's right? What if it does mean,"sure. why not. lets feed raw."? instead of being so sure that your interpretation is the correct interpretation.
Oh ...Wait>>>>you're a Dr. I'm just a dumb backwoods bushman who's interpretation is "wrong".
And yet, from what I see it is most likely structured the way it is to be open to interpretation as to invite as many people as possible to discuss Raw Feeding. Perhaps Dr Salter is the one acting pompously.
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2015, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
T'was ever thus ... someone pops up in the playground who is different from all the other children, and that poor child is subjected to effectively being pecked like a low ranking chicken in a hen coop!

I LIKE people who are different, who plough their own furrow in life, who choose to walk along the rough, not the smooth.

I enjoy his posts, and I cannot for the life of me find in any of them that he has said people who do not feed raw are cruel
Ironic I would see this now after i posted a not dissimilar statement.
I feel now that at least one knows where I'm coming from.
That was good analogy. I can kinda relate although I'm not sure I really see it so much here. It might be that maybe I am just kinda immune? to it or desensitized? or maybe not consciously aware of it?. I'm actually going out to the chickencoop now.. geez!!! Now you got my gears turning.
Status quo exists everywhere eh............
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2015, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
That's not it at all NIkki and you know it, don't try to turn this into some form of bullying/ picking on post..

I do not have a problem with musher on a personal level, he can live his life the way he wants, I admire anyone who wishes to live off the land, it's up to them just as its my choice to live how I wish,

My issue is simple down to the condescending attitude that comes from musher, towards those who do not take his preaching to heart, he has used derogatory words towards others who do not follow his teaching. And yes I use the word " teaching" because that's how it comes across, a school teacher chastising his pupils because they don't get his lessons

Live and let live, don't go round telling others yours is the right and only way !!
I wish there had been more that came here to the land of my red skinned forebearers with your attitude.
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2015, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Thank you Musher. I understand a bit more. I thought you were jeering at us. I still don't like some of the way you worded certain things, and I don't agree with other things you said, but I do understand some of your points in how you are different from us, and that can make POV different. IMO is "in my opinion", by the way. I'm going to back off, because there very well be some misinterpretation going on. Like you said, we need to respect each other's opinions and choices... and I'm going to continue to try to do that.
Geez. I just saw this. Thank you.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Musher View Post
wow. That's the first time Iv'e heard that word. I feel dumb actually having no idea what it means. It sounds cool though I'm going to search the dictionary then look at my translation dictionary and study this word.
As for 'why not feed raw", ... When I first saw it I translated it as "sure, why not, lets do it that way" and simply wished to converse with like minded people.
And if you are calling me an idiot for being on this post maybe think of "What if he's right? What if it does mean,"sure. why not. lets feed raw."? instead of being so sure that your interpretation is the correct interpretation.
Oh ...Wait>>>>you're a Dr. I'm just a dumb backwoods bushman who's interpretation is "wrong".
And yet, from what I see it is most likely structured the way it is to be open to interpretation as to invite as many people as possible to discuss Raw Feeding. Perhaps Dr Salter is the one acting pompously.
You've said it in one, my friend.
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2015, 08:01 PM
For those who do not feed raw, I found this interesting article, for anybody with an epileptic dog and having an epileptic dog myself.

http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-...s_Raw_Food.htm
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2015, 08:19 PM
I had no idea that people would think condescending attitude from my posts. As I have said before (I'm guessing again) it's most likely open to interpretation which in turn is open to interpretation.
Well now, because I have needed to research a lot of the words I've seen and used, I've been on this darn computer (apparently on the wrong thread and using the wrong words and/or sentence/story line construction) for almost 6 hrs. Wow. in my world that's a huge waste of time. But the sun still shines and the wind still blows. Life waits for no-one but is still there for them to join in the dance. Life is beautiful.
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by halfpenny View Post
For those who do not feed raw, I found this interesting article, for anybody with an epileptic dog and having an epileptic dog myself.

http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-...s_Raw_Food.htm
oh my. I would have absolutely no idea on how to deal with that other than take him into the wilderness and set him free.
I admire people who exude the kind of patience it takes to care for pets like that. In my world I don't have that luxury.
Kudos & bouquets. I am going to cut and pate this ?addy? and do some research this eve sometime long after the sun goes down. It's all knowledge
Thankyou
Page 50 of 56 « First < 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 > Last »