Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
FFS , seems like someone is getting a little defensive
Not defensive ... just sick of repeating myself time and time again and it STILL not filtering through some thick skulls
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Hanlou View Post
Not really even vaguely amusing, that post.

Can I ask you; do you work? Or do you really and truly spend all day and every day with your dog?
No I dont work, and yes spend most of all my time with my dog , unless doing something else.

Why???
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrekin View Post
Bit like some kennel dogs shoved round the back and forgotten...
Or a bit like some dogs shoved in a crate, or a room in a house or a flat and left for 8 or 10 hours a day while their owner works ...
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Or a bit like some dogs shoved in a crate, or a room in a house or a flat and left for 8 or 10 hours a day while their owner works ...
Exactly
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:40 PM
No I dont work, and yes spend most of all my time with my dog , unless doing something else.

Why???
Because unless you spend all your day with your dog I don't see how you are in any position to have a go at someone whose dogs are lucky enough to be able to not just spend all their day with their owner and handler but to be also able to fulfill their inbuilt need for mental stimulation and exercise.

I am quite amazed at you being surprised at someone getting defensive when you have thrown so many low blows at Moobli on this thread and when you've virtually accused her OH of being 'cruel'.

Still; this thread has really been quite revealing in terms of the behaviour of some of the posters on here.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
And don't forget in addition to that, another 8 hours at night when the owners are sleeping.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Hanlou View Post
Because unless you spend all your day with your dog I don't see how you are in any position to have a go at someone whose dogs are lucky enough to be able to not just spend all their day with their owner and handler but to be also able to fulfill their inbuilt need for mental stimulation and exercise.

I am quite amazed at you being surprised at someone getting defensive when you have thrown so many low blows at Moobli on this thread and when you've virtually accused her OH of being 'cruel'.

Still; this thread has really been quite revealing in terms of the behaviour of some of the posters on here.
Where did you get that impression??
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Yes, actually I do. Even the largest crate with the smallest dog isn't what I consider ideal for a dog being left for long periods.
What is ideal? And what is a long period?

rune
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

try this , do you believe a working dog does not want to be with his owner at all times.
Ah you mean an affinity? Why didn't you say so!!!

No. I believe that a working dog has a selected genetic trait called biddability which, when coupled with the selected genetic trait for a form of work results in a dog that loves to work with humans, but for the end result of the work. In fact I do believe that one of the traits bred into WSDs is to always keep the sheep between it and it's handler. This is not something that is trained, it is instinctual IME.

In essence I believe that you are trying to make out that the WSD would rather spend it's days following around it's Human looking lovingly into it's eyes, but the reality is these dogs are bred specifically to stare lovingly in to the eyes of Ovis Aries.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

FFS , seems like someone is getting a little defensive
Where did you get that impression??
Really?!
Page 44 of 50 « First < 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 > Last »