Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
But they do have some power - If they can say they can refuse to register puppies from Mother son matings - then they can refuse to register all sorts
They could refuse to register without tests
they could refuse to register litters by a stud after a certain number of litters
They could refuse to register a certain COI
would the dogs still be bred? yip ! registered or not registered...it already happens only thing u cant do is show the dog......

buck ultimately stops with the breeders and guardians of the breed...its down to them
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Its just a shame the boxer breeder who is also a vet didn't care so much about hereditary issues...
So what is your point?

I actually find your remark upsetting and unfeeling when it's known I have a terminally ill Boxer
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

I would have liked to have heard from Walker Miller (Walkon boxers, Vet and Breed Council member) ..
What is he going to do if someone brings a sick boxer in to his practise and it has kidney issues ...
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
No 90% of the dogs in the research(which was not ALL the cavaliers in the world)& the dogs in the research were all related to dogs that had been diagnosed with SM & the various research programs found between 30 & 70%of the 90% of the dogs in the research programs had SM

IE between 30% & 70% of 90% of the dogs in the research programs that had the malformation had SM not the Cavalier population as a whole.

Claire Rusbridge has stated this several times emphasizing that the percentages are only from the research programs & not a random selection of unrelated Cavaliers-how do I know because our dogs(the blenheims all bred by a member of this forum)were included in several of the research programs as they were all bred to a known SM producer(which we were not told about by the breeder)

Don't forget the skull malformation & SM are also found in humans perhaps the families of the children affect should be prevented from breeding ?
You really don't get it do you?

You and the boxer breeders and the dalmation people and the pug breeders and many others.

I don't think you ever will.

rune
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Yes I initally thought he was a little sensationalist with his quotes
But it could also be a guy who has seen too many dogs with some of these condions and feels so strongly about it
It must be heartbreaking for a vet to see some of these dogs and have no power to do anything except to patch them up
Thanks Ben x
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I would have liked to have heard from Walker Miller (Walkon boxers, Vet and Breed Council member) ..
What is he going to do if someone brings a sick boxer in to his practise and it has kidney issues ...
....and if it is one he bred....
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Yes I was aware it was footage from the original programme.

I am glad to hear the breeder has stopped showing and breeding this dog
She has stopped breeding & showing all together
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
would the dogs still be bred? yip ! registered or not registered...it already happens only thing u cant do is show the dog......

buck ultimately stops with the breeders and guardians of the breed...its down to them
Well yes the breeders and the breed clubs have a huge responsibility
But if people were made aware that suddenly pedigree dogs were not registered any more because the breeder refused to do the health checks the KC wanted of them then people would vote with their feet
Sort of more obvious than asking for health checks many people who are paying for pedigree dogs are used to expecting to get the dogs papers too
If the KC really have such small teeth that that wouldnt make any difference then what is the point of it?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
It showed a show Cav with it's owner who has sired over 30 litters, whose owner knowingly knew the dog had syringomyelia yet continued to breed & show the dog.
Indeed it did, but what about the Cav's shown on the floor screaming in agony. Were they pet or show bred?

Originally Posted by tazer View Post
IMO the x RSPCA guy needs to learn how to effectively communicate without sounding like he's having an extremist rant, or shut up.

Apart from his inclusion, I'd say this one was much better done than the former.

IMO if pugs, bulldogs etc's issues can't be corrected by breeding within the breed, than outcrossing needs to seriously be considdered, a view I've held for a while.

The amount of litters sired by some dogs is disgraceful.
It's why I've included a clause about stud dog owners understanding the potential negatives of popular sires and not allowing their males to dominate the gene pool, in the code of ethics for a breed club I've been working on.

45% COI! My god.
Remember that the Cesky Terrier is an endangered breed, chances are the 45% COI is only the case because there are so few animals left to breed from? There are, on average only 30-40 puppies registered via the KC each year. Something else the programme failed to point out.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
You really don't get it do you?

You and the boxer breeders and the dalmation people and the pug breeders and many others.

I don't think you ever will.

rune
Sadly I think you are right. I was going to respond to that post but there is no point, if someone can post that an not see anything wrong with it then they will just never understand where I am coming from
Page 9 of 40 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »