Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Those who thoroughly DISAGREE with the programme and its contents and just about everything relating to it. They cannot seem to see that it might have 'done some good'.
I liken this programme to the Sun (as others have said), they would argue that they have done some good over the years, but to me they are journalism at its worst......not caring who gets hurt in their attempt to get their own agenda over.

I am a great believer in.......you catch more wasps with honey than vinegar. If JH was a more experienced journalist or more talented she could have gotten the message (which was in some cases needed to be said) over in a way that didnt get so many people backs up but she chose the cheap route IMO,

I also dont do liars (either outright statements or inferring information and allowing others to finish it for you), if you can lie about one thing then what else do you lie about? Either do your research thoroughly or pay someone else to do it.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 07:29 PM
No one has yet answered my questions---which says a lot.

rune
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Rune - you should perhaps REPOST your questions every time you mention them. Coz I sure don't know what they are.

Don't assume everyone reading the thread is hanging on your every word, or even reading EVERY post to it. Or going back to see what your questions were.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
No one has yet answered my questions---which says a lot.

rune
Lol.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Rune - you should perhaps REPOST your questions every time you mention them. Coz I sure don't know what they are.

Don't assume everyone reading the thread is hanging on your every word, or even reading EVERY post to it. Or going back to see what your questions were.
LOL---I am sure the people whose posts I was replying to will have seen them.

However---just for your benefit and to save you the bother of reading all the posts in this thread----here they are. I've done them in red to make it easy to read them.

So do you accept that there are huge problems with breathing in both pugs and pekes?
Do you accept that these problems are due to breeders trying to make the faces as flat as possible in order to provide what the show judges were/are looking for?
Do you think that a healthy dog should need an ice pack to rest on whilst competing?

rune
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Yes, yes and no.

I also prefer the look of Pekes as they used to be (is it PC to say that? )
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Thank you for the elaboration Rune! I think from what I read I probably agree with your sentiments.

Hell this programme on TV will run and run going by the reaction it is causing!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Yes, yes and no.

I also prefer the look of Pekes as they used to be (is it PC to say that? )
Of course it is - and yup I agree the old dog in the link looked quite nice. As they are not so much imo, kinda interesting looking but not a dog
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 09:15 PM
LOL---I am sure the people whose posts I was replying to will have seen them.

However---just for your benefit and to save you the bother of reading all the posts in this thread----here they are. I've done them in red to make it easy to read them.

So do you accept that there are huge problems with breathing in both pugs and pekes?
Do you accept that these problems are due to breeders trying to make the faces as flat as possible in order to provide what the show judges were/are looking for?
Do you think that a healthy dog should need an ice pack to rest on whilst competing?

rune
I'm sure u weren't asking me but I'll reply anyway - yes, yes and no
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 09:45 PM
rune
There not HUGE problems with breathing in ALL Pekingese & ALL Pugs. There are problem with some because they are overcoated(Pekingese) & overweight(both)& the same applies to several breeds that have never been mentioned on here or PDE(I regularly see a working Labrador Retriever passing my house wheezing & snuffling about twice the size he should be BTW) Orginally both Pekingese & Pugs had longer muzzles, sadly the Victorian ladies liked their companion dogs to look more human baby like, so they bred them with much shorter muzzles & larger eyes(the same goes for the King Charles Spaniels). The modern breeders breed for more coat in Pekingese & this is what causes most of the problems.

As for the Pekingese that went BIS at Crufts, he was allowed to have a cooling mat(& not ice pack)to lay on under the very hot lighting in the BIS arena.

May Ray's dogs cannot be described as having flat faces/over coated but even they have to be cooled down after their performance at Crufts-they don't need this when isn't the same level of lighting.

OT but the BIS Pekingese, along with all the owners' other dogs, are exercised over the the local park & walked there & back as neither owner drives(they go to shows by rail & taxi) Also a Pekingese recently won a class in Obedience-something that a dog with a huge breathing problem would be able to do !
Closed Thread
Page 38 of 42 « First < 28 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 > Last »