View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 08:45 AM
I have lots of fav walks, it depends on my mood really as I struggle with anxiety and going places on my own. I have got braver lately, and even discovered a new walk right near my house
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 11:33 AM
More fantastic photos. Dani - the Outer Hebrides looks fabulous!

Milkmaid, it is really handy to have your own land to walk on isn't it? I don't tend to use our fields all that much for walking my dogs but do run the whole gang (inc the working gang) in them, and they are also handy to have when the weather is bad and for training. Your beach walks look lovely.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Where are your fave walks Hevvvur? You won't be too far away from Beacon Fell will you? I used to quite like walking up there, as well as Brock Bottoms.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Where are your fave walks Hevvvur? You won't be too far away from Beacon Fell will you? I used to quite like walking up there, as well as Brock Bottoms.
Beacon Fell is lovely - but not at a weekend!!
Not been to Brock Bottoms with the boys, must try and venture out there one day!

I love St Annes Beach, as you can either stay on the beach, or walk right up to Blackpool.

Cuerden Valley Park is also great, only a 5 min drive, and lots of different kinds of walks there!

I'm right next to Worden Park (Leyland), which if you google it, it's bloody massive! Has a river, woodlands, or just lots of fields!

The new walk I found the other day is right next to the river, about 1/4 mile from my house, and it was so peaceful!
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 12:53 PM
My fave walk is a place in Snowdonia called Llyn Crafnant. It's not too demanding but quite long and the scenery is simply stunning! My old boy Otis loves this walk and when I do this with my mates I just take him with me for some quality time with him.
There's a great view of the Snowdon Horseshoe from there and beautiful lakes. It's gorgeous!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Beacon Fell is lovely - but not at a weekend!!
Not been to Brock Bottoms with the boys, must try and venture out there one day!

I love St Annes Beach, as you can either stay on the beach, or walk right up to Blackpool.

Cuerden Valley Park is also great, only a 5 min drive, and lots of different kinds of walks there!

I'm right next to Worden Park (Leyland), which if you google it, it's bloody massive! Has a river, woodlands, or just lots of fields!

The new walk I found the other day is right next to the river, about 1/4 mile from my house, and it was so peaceful!
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
My fave walk is a place in Snowdonia called Llyn Crafnant. It's not too demanding but quite long and the scenery is simply stunning! My old boy Otis loves this walk and when I do this with my mates I just take him with me for some quality time with him.
There's a great view of the Snowdon Horseshoe from there and beautiful lakes. It's gorgeous!!
Any photos from either of you
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
Glad it isn't just me, I'm not much better even if I have a map
You need a GPS system Katie! I have a Garmin one which i've never used (cant work out how to use it and I dont do instruction manuals). I really should fathom it out.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 05:13 PM

Is it just me or does anybody else hear "FEEENNNTTTOONNN!!!!!!! JESUS CHRIST!!" when they look at this pic?
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post

Is it just me or does anybody else hear "FEEENNNTTTOONNN!!!!!!! JESUS CHRIST!!" when they look at this pic?
Haha I know Poor guy, every time I see a deer and put Kestral on the lead, I say 'Don't want you doing a Fenton/Benton'!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Speaking of Fenton - I did a Fenton yesterday - only it was seagulls and a shallow lake.. (Told everyone he was up to something )

My favourite walks.. Hmmm,

Ulley Country park - although it is small now I've grown. I grew up around that lake, learned about wildlife, fishing, sailing and Springers..

RotherValley country park - used to cycle around there every sunday with Sadie - freedom and escape. Busy but peaceful.

Bestwood Country park & Mill lakes - separate they're boring, together they're not and I think you need a friend to make it interesting.. Plus they're on my doorstep.

Calverton Colliery - introduced to me by Leanne. One of the few places I can truly enjoy because Louie can be offlead the entire time.

No pictures sorry
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >