Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Miranda Luck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-03-2011, 02:42 PM

New (improved) Rescue Review!

The new site is up and running! Azz is working on the add to incorporate the new logo but you can still check it out by clicking on the existing ad (left hand side of this page) OR go straight to:

http://www.rescuereview.co.uk
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2011, 03:55 PM
I've had a quick look and it all looks very flash but 2 issues that stood out were that you don't date the reviews, so they could be ancient, and you don't provide links to the rescue's websites which would be helpful.

J.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

04-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Like the new site Miranda
Miranda Luck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
I've had a quick look and it all looks very flash but 2 issues that stood out were that you don't date the reviews, so they could be ancient, and you don't provide links to the rescue's websites which would be helpful.

J.
Thank you very much for your feedback. I hope by 'flash' you mean easy to use! I've tried to make it as simple as possible for someone considering adoption to find what they are looking for.

Your absolutely right about the lack of a date. Although all reviews are relating to experiences within the last 2 years, this is not clear on the site and I think it would be best to include at least month and year. What do you think?

Where people do have websites, I have included a link but of course there are hundreds of rescues that are very small and work from just a phone number.

Very many thanks again. All suggestions and feedback most welcome.
Miranda Luck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks Azz for all your help!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2011, 08:59 AM
I love it. It looks fantastic and is SO easy to use.

I initially worried about people posting bad reviews with chips on their shoulder and also people posting and lying to make their resue look good, but I think I'm getting cynical in my old age!

Are the reviews going to be checked for authentication? I don't know what I mean really, like is there going to be some sort of mod on there? But I guess it's the same with all such review sites, hmm.

HOWEVER, must admit, I did check this, I immediately sought out a local rescue to me, one I find absolutely terrible and have lots of bad experiences with and was pleased to find it has 2 bad reviews and a low rating, so very true IMO!

Good work, what a fantastic idea and I hope it helps lots of people, and ultimately dogs xxxxx
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Postcode search would be handy - throwing up all the local ones to you in one neat format.
Miranda Luck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Postcode search would be handy - throwing up all the local ones to you in one neat format.
Oh! It does offer this via the directory search. Do you mean an option to find all the rescues that have been reviewed local to you?

Nice idea but I'm not sure I have the know-how to make it work . I will have a think about it!

Thank you for feedback!
Miranda Luck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Are the reviews going to be checked for authentication? I don't know what I mean really, like is there going to be some sort of mod on there? But I guess it's the same with all such review sites, hmm.
I do check each review before it goes 'live' and have a system to verify authenticity. I have caught a couple of people out (much to their great embarrassment !!) but generally I think most people working directly in rescue are far too sensible (and busy!) to be fraudulently entering reviews.

I'm very glad you like the site. Please feel free to share it!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Great site, other than I have spent so long on it looking at rescue centres and crying over dogs
I have written a review on the centre that we got Pepsi from.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >