Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Poor baby girl Really hope Zena is better soon xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Sorry to read that Zena has a poor tummy, I hope the various treatments work OK. After a long time we eventually found that natural yeast extract tablets helped Bara with her tummy, apparently they contain vitamin B numbers (Not sure which numbers or how much) they do seem to work 'tho.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Oh s**t
Seriously though I'm sorry about poor Zena and I hope it soon clears up, for both your sakes.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Hope Zena is better soon and stomach settles. Some people think is a bit daft but i've become very much a believer that dogs and peoples whole system/health has a lot to do with what's going on in their gut n the ability to fight off bugs/illness and compromise of immune system(if that makes any sense). Also that things change with age and many factors also(just what have noticed here over time), it doesn't matter how well we try look after our dogs or ourselves but intolerances/allergies can develop. Am sorry not much help but wishing Zena and all well
H x
Oh I know that only too well now that I'm almost fossilised, things change with age, but then Zena is only 2, she should have a very good immune system really shouldn't she. Thanks k9 xxx

Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Poor baby girl Really hope Zena is better soon xx
Thanks Lou, but it hasn't stopped her wanted to play ball all afternoon whilst I'm tryyyyying to work on here!!! xxx

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Sorry to read that Zena has a poor tummy, I hope the various treatments work OK. After a long time we eventually found that natural yeast extract tablets helped Bara with her tummy, apparently they contain vitamin B numbers (Not sure which numbers or how much) they do seem to work 'tho.
Thanks H, I might give those a try, coz I do know that Vit B12 is brilliant for dog's guts (I know that from Cassie with her EPI, they would give vit B12 injections). She hasn't been at all since this morning, so I'm reeeeeally hoping it might be on the way out.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oh s**t
Seriously though I'm sorry about poor Zena and I hope it soon clears up, for both your sakes.
Lol! Not only for our sakes but yours too Jen, you won't hear the end of this till we get a roly poly out of her!!! Thanks Jen.xxx
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh I know that only too well now that I'm almost fossilised, things change with age, but then Zena is only 2, she should have a very good immune system really shouldn't she.
You're not almost fossilised! Allergies/intolerances can appear at any age n if do can affect immune system, hope Zena's better soon xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Greetings from another fossil!!

Oh I do feel for you and your lovely dog. Just when everything goes well for a week or two, then bang...........something else crops up to make us fret ourselves stupid.

I have no advice, other than to say that if you trust your vet totally then go with his advice. It is very tempting to google; ask other dog owners etc. etc., and then start to doubt the advice of the expert that you originally put your faith in. (I am the same, and no doubt most other caring dog owners are too when faced with problems).

After all, between now and the next scheduled appointment with your vet if anything really worries you then you can be back on that phone for an earlier appointment.

A big cuddle for both of you, because I know what you are going through.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
You're not almost fossilised! Allergies/intolerances can appear at any age n if do can affect immune system, hope Zena's better soon xx
Lol, thanks for that, but do you mean I'm not "almost" coz I AM!!!!

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Greetings from another fossil!!

Oh I do feel for you and your lovely dog. Just when everything goes well for a week or two, then bang...........something else crops up to make us fret ourselves stupid.

I have no advice, other than to say that if you trust your vet totally then go with his advice. It is very tempting to google; ask other dog owners etc. etc., and then start to doubt the advice of the expert that you originally put your faith in. (I am the same, and no doubt most other caring dog owners are too when faced with problems).

After all, between now and the next scheduled appointment with your vet if anything really worries you then you can be back on that phone for an earlier appointment.

A big cuddle for both of you, because I know what you are going through.
Thanks Sally. I suppose he is right about the worming until we've calmed things down, but I'm going against his advice (he's probably trying to save me some money which is MOST unusual for a vet lol!), and I'm going to take a sample in tomorrow to get it tested, which I'll do for the 3 days which you need to do for this giardia, because the more I Google yellow diarrhea, the more it keeps rearing it's ugly head again!

Just dealt with yet another dollop of it outside now
She's ravenously hungry, but I'm only giving her a small handful every 4 hours, nothing but chicken breast and a little bit of mash, poor Zena, and she doesn't even feel ill! I'm trying to keep her mind off food by playing with her, and she much prefers a game to food anyway

I suspect poor Dave will be woken from his sleep again tonight, even though I've offered to sleep downstairs, he won't have any of it, and I sleep so deeply I doubt she'd manage to wake me. Hey ho! thanks Sally.xxxx

ETA: I'm actually beginning to wonder if it's the chicken that could be causing this??? He did say I could put her back on her kibble, but I don't know what the best thing to do is. I might try kibble tomorrow maybe.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol, thanks for that, but do you mean I'm not "almost" coz I AM!!!!

Thanks Sally. I suppose he is right about the worming until we've calmed things down, but I'm going against his advice (he's probably trying to save me some money which is MOST unusual for a vet lol!), and I'm going to take a sample in tomorrow to get it tested, which I'll do for the 3 days which you need to do for this giardia, because the more I Google yellow diarrhea, the more it keeps rearing it's ugly head again!

Just dealt with yet another dollop of it outside now
She's ravenously hungry, but I'm only giving her a small handful every 4 hours, nothing but chicken breast and a little bit of mash, poor Zena, and she doesn't even feel ill! I'm trying to keep her mind off food by playing with her, and she much prefers a game to food anyway

I suspect poor Dave will be woken from his sleep again tonight, even though I've offered to sleep downstairs, he won't have any of it, and I sleep so deeply I doubt she'd manage to wake me. Hey ho! thanks Sally.xxxx

ETA: I'm actually beginning to wonder if it's the chicken that could be causing this??? He did say I could put her back on her kibble, but I don't know what the best thing to do is. I might try kibble tomorrow maybe.
Oh this food thing.............chicken for some is the remedy for all things gastric, and for others it makes problems ten times worse. The trouble is, how do you know for sure which category your particular dog falls into Even plain rice for a dog like our Jimmi would cause more troubles than it solved!!

I would do the same as you - i.e. start taking samples in to the vet immediately for testing, because the sooner you rule things out, or discover the cause definitely, the better. At least Zena doesn't know that she has a problem which is good.............and surely if she feels well in herself then that is encouraging.

Will be thinking of you
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 09:09 PM
I've had a couple of dogs that got worse on chicken. I would pop her on tinned chappie as its good for tummies and easier to digest than kibble.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Hope the beautiful Zena is soon back to normal.
They do like to worry us dont they!!

hugs from me and mine
xx
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »