View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Why ban someone becsuse they have different views? Just a question, not a take up for adam, I just think its kind of not right to get into an argument about this, because I think that's what Mr. Adam wants .

I know I've asked this before but can someone please fil this newB in on the story with Adam.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Hey admin, can we give adam a sticky?

This is what AP is like dogdragoness, He uses TWO collars (not of the prong variety but of the other type) to teach a small jack russell , left & right for fun agility.

Theres also we think a few people (at least two) using adams profile to promote stuff, as his posts change like bloody ping pong, with regards to style & grammer.

Theres lots more!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
I'm in contact with people who deal in prongs, so yeah can say they are taking off.

Adam
Was that your "mate" luvsmydogmyarse?
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Multiple people on one profile? How does that work? Again, forgive me for being stupid lol.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by dogdragoness View Post
Multiple people on one profile? How does that work? Again, forgive me for being stupid lol.
Using his login & sign on i assume
All guesswork, but if you stick around you will see the diffrences. Most odd
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Ok lol I will have to see that lol.

Using 'that kind' of collar for agility??? Now even I wouldn't do that! Agility is supposed to be fun!
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

16-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Dogdragonese

I'm a dog trainer who uses aversives and reward based methods (just search for my preffered type of aversive).

I live in devon uk and joined here back in march last year.

Since then I have engaged in many discussions on dogsey, some of which have discussed aversive training methods in depth.
There are not two people using my account ect, I just have very poor grammer lol.

I have posted videos in the past which have been ridiculed because of the training content. However I am happy with the result my methods get and have no desire to change.

Adam
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 08:12 AM
No, I just view corrections as part of the training, same way as I would rewarding the dog for doing it right.

Adam
I hate the use of the word "corrections" for 2 reasons - sounds like something out of Tom Brown's Schooldays and also it's hiding the truer word - that it's "punishment".

So you should say "I just view punishments..."

Sounds more genuine.

Wys
x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Its all open to how we view it and in many cases our percieved ideas about what the training is like.
If you understand dogs, behaviour, body language, training methods and equipment then no, I disagree, it's not "open to how we view it" necessarily

Btw if you don't watch my vids why should I bother with yours.
I don't put up any vid links on here as far as I can remember.

You on the other hand try to put up as many as possible

Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 08:17 AM
I see you've nicely ignored my request for you to back up your claims re. your personal take on "science" of dog training, Adam.

I can't see why - unless it is all rubbish, you will have stuff to back it up with, won't you?

Closed Thread
Page 48 of 71 « First < 38 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 58 > Last »