Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 07:44 PM
So glad Ollie is home with you Lynn xx
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 08:21 PM
Hugs to you and Ollie. So glad he is home where he belongs. I hope he continues to improve, even if it is slowly, and just take each day as it comes. No one knows Ollie as well as you so you will know what is best for him. (((hugs)))
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Lynn I would never think you had given up on him, whatever the outcome as I can fully understand, you know its looking like I may have a similar dillemma with Shady which will tear me apart if I have to make it.
Hopefully for both of us it won't come to that but at the end of the day we have to do whats best for them personally. Whats right for one dog is certainly not always right for another.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
We are home.

He can just about walk and is able too support himself better if standing still, silly boy leapt out of the car so quick and hurt himself and gave a cry but managed to walk round the front of the house without too much trouble.

When he stands stationery he looks cow hocked which is what I said to Gorden the night we took him in he has never stood this way before.

I am happy too have him home but am also very worried and resigned that he will not improve and that Nadia has let us have him home as we will be able to manage him as he is now but that is going to get worse again or no better. It is quite heart breaking too see him the way he is but we must give it time but the thing is how long do we give it at the stage he is at now with no signs
of improvement.

We have to ring Nadia Friday to give her a report on how he is doing.
The best advice i can give you is how we dealt with Rosie, never look too far ahead & treat each day as a new day and love him for it. He has his youth & enthusiasm on his side. Look how far he has come in so short a time.

Big hugs from us. xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
The best advice i can give you is how we dealt with Rosie, never look too far ahead & treat each day as a new day and love him for it. He has his youth & enthusiasm on his side. Look how far he has come in so short a time.

Big hugs from us. xx
You are right that is what we must do and will do. He isn't actually any better than when he was admitted on the 2nd of December still swaying like a ship and finding it very difficult too rise and walk. I think Nadia is thinking if he will improve it will be at home where we can spend more time letting him in and out of the garden and he can wander freely if he wants if that doesn't work in a given time it isn't likely to improve I think this is his last chance really. We will give him a good chance too.

We will be keeping in touch as requested by the vet school.

He is a young dog supposedly but in Bernese years he is not far off an old dog 41/2 on the 20th of this month by 6 he is considered old for his breed. Nadia referred to him as elderly this afternoon and said not elderly in a lot breeds but in his size dog he is getting on.

Thank you again everyone for your good wishes for him he certainly still needs them.

All cuddles given to him from all his Dogsey aunties and he enjoyed them very much especially the raspberries on his tummy gosh I how I have missed that tummy to rub.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 09:24 PM
I'm so pleased he is back home where he belongs Lynn, and I really hope that he will improve with your love and attention, plus being back home must be of such a great comfort to him, although it sounds like he was quite happy with the nursing staff, but nothing like being at home when you're not feeling 100%.

I totally understand where you are coming from with regards to the quality of life....I had to make that decisions with Leon, not to have the heart scan, not to put him on any other medication...there comes a point when you simply have to put your emotions on a back burner and think of their wellbeing. Sounds easy but it is one of the hardest things we have to do when we love them so much, I pray that you won't have to make any decisions for a long while yet.

You and Gorden have been given some extra time with him that you probably didn't think you would have, I know that you are going to make the most of every second of every day, and I don't blame you.

Sending loads more healing vibes in the hope that he will improve and you can enjoy his company for many years yet.

xxxxxx
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Glad he is home and hoping this will settle him to full health again.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Thank you both we really hope so too.
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 09:54 PM
So glad to hear that Ollie's home Lyn, still sending healing thoughts your way, he's home with you both at the moment and that's the main thing, he knows how much you all love him and that can help more than people think sometimes, as much as he was getting used to the people in the hospital they're not you and Gordon, his people . Gentle hugs from us all here and hoping that Ollie's improvement progresses well. xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2010, 08:02 AM
Hope you all had a good peaceful night Lynn.
Page 58 of 123 « First < 8 48 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 68 108 > Last »