Female 

12-11-2010, 10:03 AM

Chief RSPCA, Vet Mark Evans leaves.

http://www.ourdogs.co.uk/News/2010/N...1110/evans.htm
Delos
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Thanks for that. IMO it can only be a good thing for the RSPCA. His views on Pedigree dogs alienated too many people. If you want to change ideas throwing insults isn't the way to go. Working with people is a far better idea.

I will be interested to see who gets appointed next.
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-11-2010, 10:14 AM
he has done a great job in waking up the kennel club to some of the practices amongst its members, always admired him and his views are very much on the same wavelength as mine with regards to some aspects of the dog world.
Hopefully he continues to fight for the betterment of animals, i am sure a lot of breeders will be pleased to see him go as not many people like the obvious pointed out to them, the RSCPCA are probably glad to see the back of him as well as it probably had an impact on its money making potential with crufts and breeders not supporting it as much.
A good man who i hope to see more of on tv.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
he has done a great job in waking up the kennel club to some of the practices amongst its members, always admired him and his views are very much on the same wavelength as mine with regards to some aspects of the dog world.
Hopefully he continues to fight for the betterment of animals, i am sure a lot of breeders will be pleased to see him go as not many people like the obvious pointed out to them, the RSCPCA are probably glad to see the back of him as well as it probably had an impact on its money making potential with crufts and breeders not supporting it as much.
It wasnt breeders he was against it was pedigree dogs full stop!

Didnt you read, Crufts has NOT suffered in ANY way since! You need to read it all properly. He wont be "fighting" for anything because he will receive little backing now, he is out because of his extremist views and obviously did more harm than good, 3yrs is not a reasonable time to hold such a position.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Good! Never like him on Pet Rescue!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-11-2010, 10:30 AM
I doubt it, he probably has more pressing things to do such as his TV carreer..so I am sure you will get your wish on seeing him on TV.

I would think the RSPCA will be having a party once he has gone, he has done nothing to promote their society.

Nor has he had any impact on Crufts , Crufts survived that programme and his extreme views,

So you agree with his thinking, that ALL pedigree dogs are mutants!
Delos
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Interesting I can't find any news of his Resignation anywhere else.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Delos View Post
Interesting I can't find any news of his Resignation anywhere else.
That doesnt surprise me.
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
It wasnt breeders he was against it was pedigree dogs full stop!

Didnt you read, Crufts has NOT suffered in ANY way since! You need to read it all properly. He wont be "fighting" for anything because he will receive little backing now, he is out because of his extremist views and obviously did more harm than good, 3yrs is not a reasonable time to hold such a position.
I have read it all but the fact that it is no longer on the bbc and is on channel 4 or 5 means it has been affected by viewing figures therefore advertisement revenue from sponsors and a certain amount on kudos from the bbc, most people who i know used to watch crufts (not just dog folk) no longer do as believe me channel 4 or 5 is a no, no in these households the channels do no go past 2.
I do watch it and the fact it has a vet explaining various aspects is a good thing that would never have come about without the furore following a certain programme.
I think it has been dealt quite a blow outside of the pedigree dog world and it has made changes to the thinking of the kennel club, he played his part in that so i thank him for that.
For me and people who i have chatted with no longer hold crufts in the same respect as in years gone by.
I think he was the shock troop and he did that, maybe time now for a more concillatory approach now changes have begun.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 10:57 AM
I have read it all but the fact that no is no longer on the bbc and channel 4 or 5 means it has been affected by viewing figures therefore advertisement revenue from sponsors and a certain amount on kudos from the bbc, most people who i know used to watch crufts (not just dog folk) no longer do as believe me channel 4 or 5 is a no, no in these households the channels do no go past 2.
I do watch it and the fact it has a vet explaining various aspects is a good thing that would never have come about without the furore following a certain programme.
I think it has been dealt quite a blow outside of the pedigree dog world and it has made changes to the thinking of the kennel club, he played his part in that so i thank him for that.
For me and people who i have chatted with no longer hold crufts in the same respect as in years gone by.
I think he was the shock troop and he did that, maybe time now for a more concillatory approach now changes have begun.
Not heard that at all, just look here for example, NONE pedigree dog owners raring to go, almost 4months out!

The ONLY thing he did, was make more irresponsible breeders. He was responsible for folk advertising "none KC reg" and "healthier" pups etc.. Look where that led, NO health testing!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >