Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by animal-lover View Post
I feel quite at home here just like old times...group hug everyone.
Would that constitute irresponsible breeding?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
WE ALL HAVE CHOICES; WE DON'T ALL BUY FROM BAD BREEDERS AND I JUST LOVE THE WAY WE ARE NOW BEING BLAMED FOR DEFENDING OUR DOGS AND CHOICES - WE APPARENTLY ARE INSULTING BUT ONLY IN RESPONCE TO OTHER PEOPLE - IS THAT WRONG?? OBVIOUSLY ON HERE IT IS.
Im not deaf! You dont have to defend your actions! But what I will point out to you Ally Is this! It wasnt that long ago you was involved In a thread about Chinese Cresteds on here.. You got very vile towards Crested owners, and told us all we waxed our dogs then went on to tell us to tend to our ill treated, burn victims.. So dont get all up In arms when some one talks about a breed you own when you have been vile to members about theirs. (Not one person on this thread has been vile to you...)
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Irresponsible ones...yes.
No let me check???? we are owners not breeders and got ours from respectable breeders - it does happen you know....that said I am off.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
But that is how "pedigree" and KC dogs are bred. No tests required, no compulsory DNA... nothing enforced so the breeder can do what they like and still get a KC badge to show they are reputable... (or at least make the public think they are)

... do you not think your anger is pointing in the wrong direction?
I have enough to go round....don't worry.

Just because I do not agree with one does not make the other less in need of addressing.

DNA testing SHOULD be compulsory - I have had arguments with the KC with regards to registration of dogs with docked tails after the ban was enforce and those people are now unable to show their dogs at certain shows.

I am attempting to stay on topic... which is a discussion of designer breeds...not recognised ones.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:54 PM
I blame the owners, not the breeders for the demand. We wanted another poodle and we wanted it right away. We look in the local paper, phoned what we thought was a breeder, got the pup and so on. We didn't research into it like we did with the old poodles and yes we have regreted it. Don't get me wrong we wouldn't swap Cheeko but it is totaly our fault for going to a puppy farm and making space for another pup to take his place. We demanded a pup so they supplied. I think alot of people need to realise they are actually to blame because they demand it all rather than wait a few weeks for a well bred pup! Same goes for any animal.

Really no matter what type of dog you get you should do the research and be paitent.
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Im not deaf!

Pardon?

I thought you had selective hearing because you choose to ignore the hard questions and simply keep repeating the same old stuff....
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Pardon?

I thought you had selective hearing because you choose to ignore the hard questions and simply keep repeating the same old stuff....
what hard questions, you havent asked me any questions.. ?? selective hearing.. YES I choose not to listen to rude, belittening men...
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
I blame the owners, not the breeders for the demand. We wanted another poodle and we wanted it right away. We look in the local paper, phoned what we thought was a breeder, got the pup and so on. We didn't research into it like we did with the old poodles and yes we have regreted it. Don't get me wrong we wouldn't swap Cheeko but it is totaly our fault for going to a puppy farm and making space for another pup to take his place. We demanded a pup so they supplied. I think alot of people need to realise they are actually to blame because they demand it all rather than wait a few weeks for a well bred pup! Same goes for any animal.

Really no matter what type of dog you get you should do the research and be paitent.

And I think the slating that crosses have got (real or perceived) has made buyers more aware of this. If you look on any of the cross forums they will have masses of posts about what tests you should have and not to buy without them.

I would like to see this for other types/breeds of dogs but we have no organisation to enforce this and the breeders who control the KC will only engage in self regulation if it suits them. Health tests are expensive so I guess that self regulation is a way off.
Elmo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
what hard questions, you havent asked me any questions.. ?? selective hearing.. YES I choose not to listen to rude, belittening men...
I asked you about Mexican Hairless and why they sometimes cost in excess of £1200 and are not hairless.

I think you should read your own posts before you use words like belittling - you keep inferring that you know the "mess" cross-breeding has caused and the rest of us are not aware (and both points I disagree with you on)
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 07:59 PM
So define irresponsible.
Dictionary definition or mine?

IMO - Someone who breeds purely for profit, someone who fails to check health and or temperament of the individual parents and their relations. Someone who cannot/or will not provide lifetime support for the pups. Producing pups without homes lined up.

The list goes on.
Page 19 of 53 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 > Last »