Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by *SJ* View Post
Trudy I could ask exactly the same from you to provide good factual evidence that they don't.
Sadly the good guys in greyhound racing never get the media attention as this doesn't sell the papers. It is far easier for you to quote the bad that happens as this does attract media attention as it sells papers.

Before I bought my first greyhound I did my own research, I visited several racing kennels, I got inside to find out what went on in order to satisfy myself that my dog would be looked after properly. Having placed the dog I went on to get my kennel hands licence and helped out at the kennels but more so so I could do the racing side so I could find out for myself exactly what went on.
I can honestly say that the people I have met and have had dealings with are not the greedy, selfish, nasty, cruel or only in it for money type that you would like everyone to believe that all involved in greyhound racing are.
There are those out there that are like that as I have said on many previous ocassions but I believe in the grand scheme of things they are in the minority as I have been fortunate so far not to have come across any of them.
Rest assured though if ever I do, I will do something about it, as said I have nothing to lose.
As I have always said also. Good and bad everywhere, the people I know who train and race, treat their dogs impeccably and any that dont make the grade are kept at the kennels still homed, NONE have ended up in rescue to my knowledge.
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Can you provide the evidence of this please.
Trudy, if you go to Romford as was suggested by the poster you can evidence that one by yourself.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Trudy I could ask exactly the same from you to provide good factual evidence that they don't.
Sadly the good guys in greyhound racing never get the media attention as this doesn't sell the papers. It is far easier for you to quote the bad that happens as this does attract media attention as it sells papers.

Before I bought my first greyhound I did my own research, I visited several racing kennels, I got inside to find out what went on in order to satisfy myself that my dog would be looked after properly. Having placed the dog I went on to get my kennel hands licence and helped out at the kennels but more so so I could do the racing side so I could find out for myself exactly what went on.
I can honestly say that the people I have met and have had dealings with are not the greedy, selfish, nasty, cruel or only in it for money type that you would like everyone to believe that all involved in greyhound racing are.
There are those out there that are like that as I have said on many previous ocassions but I believe in the grand scheme of things they are in the minority as I have been fortunate so far not to have come across any of them.
Rest assured though if ever I do, I will do something about it, as said I have nothing to lose.
I do provide good factual evidence.

Classic example of how the industry's regulators sanctioned appalling conditions and then went on to 'reward' Eve Blanchard with a Trainers Assistance Grant.

http://www.greytexploitations.com/re...eyhounds-voice

Joanne Page - merely cautioned at local level for having 4 healthy greyhounds destroyed without making the slightest effort to have them re-homed.

Andrew Peacock - severely reprimanded and fined, twice in the same year, for two separate doping incidents involving cocaine.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Trudy, if you go to Romford as was suggested by the poster you can evidence that one by yourself.
I live nowhere near Romford and have no desire to attend a race meeting.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2009, 09:28 PM
I live nowhere near Romford and have no desire to attend a race meeting.
Why not? You could prove all this then surely from seeing it with your own eyes going on. I mean you keep on at those that DO go, and say they are wrong, why not walk the walk yourself? Genuine observation this.
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-12-2009, 09:28 PM
The kennels in your link are disgusting and no dog should live like that - never seen greyhound kennels like that before as all the ones ive seen have had raised beds so completely seperate to the toilet area. Andrew peacock is no longer working with greyhounds as far as i know.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Why not? You could prove all this then surely from seeing it with your own eyes going on. I mean you keep on at those that DO go, and say they are wrong, why not walk the walk yourself? Genuine observation this.
I've never said anyone who goes greyhound racing is wrong - I've said I have no desire to attend myself.

If Galty wants to prove a point - let him film it and show the whole WWW.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by madisondobie View Post
The kennels in your link are disgusting and no dog should live like that - never seen greyhound kennels like that before as all the ones ive seen have had raised beds so completely seperate to the toilet area. Andrew peacock is no longer working with greyhounds as far as i know.
No - I understand he just disappeared one day, without making any arrangements for the welfare of his dogs.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2009, 09:47 PM
No - I understand he just disappeared one day, without making any arrangements for the welfare of his dogs.
Well its not only Greyhound folk that do that is it! If he is no longer working with them, then surely thats good?
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Well its not only Greyhound folk that do that is it! If he is no longer working with them, then surely thats good? I cant see what showing what DID go on will achieve? How about look at how it was and now he is gone? Instead of implying it still is going on.

The point I was making was the industry's failure to regulate.
Page 61 of 157 « First < 11 51 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 71 111 > Last »