Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I think we need to remember though that the 'type' dogs are bred for aggression, to people and to animals.
A dog is of 'type' if it conforms to a "substantial" number of points in the 1988 ADBA breed standard for APBT. It's about a look. A typey dog is a dog that looks a certain way. It's not about aggression.

Dogs that are bred for fighting (whether of type or not) are not bred for aggression towards people. To save me a lot of typing here's Mandy Lion, who explains better than I can anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXBUtBCEjo4

Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
there was a thing around Nottinghamshire about tress being damaged because people were hanging their dogs from them to increase their jaw strength.
my emphasis

I've heard this so many times but it's not how it's made out to be. Staffs and bull breeds like to tug and young, urban males, not very respectful of communal property, allow them to damage trees and playground equipment. For a bunch of lads having a drink and a smoke it's a laugh to see their dogs pulling madly on a swing or newly planted sapling. It's nothing about training the dog to be aggressive or conditioning the dog's fitness.

But for politicians it is a convenient scapegoat to blame dog fighters rather than try to tackle the social deprivation and lack of civic responsibility.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Re the breeding. The Police said there was no mention of PB with the breeding, so why should they investigate? Anyone (unfortunately) can breed dogs.
Quote from the Guardian...
Deputy Chief Constable Gallan said she was "deeply concerned and very disappointed that our policy was not followed in February when we received a call alerting us to the possible breeding of pitbull terriers at the house".
So the police themselves admit that they were told that not only was there an illegal dog at that address but that breeding was going on.

The owner of the dog has now been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/de...tal-dog-attack

J.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
Quote from the Guardian...
Deputy Chief Constable Gallan said she was "deeply concerned and very disappointed that our policy was not followed in February when we received a call alerting us to the possible breeding of pitbull terriers at the house".
So the police themselves admit that they were told that not only was there an illegal dog at that address but that breeding was going on.

The owner of the dog has now been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/de...tal-dog-attack

J.
That statement is in direct opposition to the Police Officer himself when he did the TV interview, he rightly stated it was not Police business to follow up about dog breeding, he clearly and definitely said there was NO mention of Pit Bulls or any other type of dangerous dog. Typical eh!! Double back, cover your tracks!
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned already but, I read an article earlier, that said the boy was killed by a mastiff, no mention of pitbull.

I heard several times on the news yesterday, about the police knowing that breeding was going on at the house... so what, I didn't know breeding was a police matter, or illegal. Unless it is section 1 dogs.

Btw, there was no mention of pitbull types being bred at all, in the various news reports, just breeding. So, some one is lying, miss informed, or playing up the media hipe, or trying to cover their ass.
weestumpy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-12-2009, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=johnderondon;1836583]Dog Ownership Test

There was a reduction in stray numbers last year but since the licence is not a new mesure it cannot be attributed to that. Have you a source for your claim of lower attacks since licencing?

Yes, contact the Department of Agriculture form Northern Ireland and ask them for the dog statistics for 2008.
weestumpy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
you have only joined in three threads are all controversial topics since your time as a member including this one you started makin claims earlier in this thread, disappeared when you got questioned and now you are back , you obviously like stirring the pot or a troll IMO
I dont spend my life on these forms as i do have a life, no offence to users of this site but as i back for a we stint, what was the question that i was asked before i disappeared? Gladly answer it
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2009, 11:14 PM
i know you've all probably heard about the arrest of the uncle of John Paul Massey and being charged with 'suspicion of manslaughter' but i have 1 question;

If he's been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter,
is it because the dog is deemed to be illegal??
what if a legal breed had done the same thing, would the charges be the same or would there be another charge
available.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by weestumpy View Post
Yes, contact the Department of Agriculture form Northern Ireland and ask them for the dog statistics for 2008.
I thought since you were making the claim that you would know the figures.

By the way, your claim cannot be justified on one year's figures. To argue a reduction you need to compare one year against another. Kinda basic.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
i know you've all probably heard about the arrest of the uncle of John Paul Massey and being charged with 'suspicion of manslaughter' but i have 1 question;

If he's been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter,
is it because the dog is deemed to be illegal??
what if a legal breed had done the same thing, would the charges be the same or would there be another charge
available.
mmm... i read that but hadnt actually thought about it...

i would imagine it is because the dog is deemed to be an illegal breed. i really wouldnt think they would charge someone with that if it was a legal breed.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
mmm... i read that but hadnt actually thought about it...

i would imagine it is because the dog is deemed to be an illegal breed. i really wouldnt think they would charge someone with that if it was a legal breed.
i may be wrong, but i would of thought he would of been arrested if it was a legal or illegal breed after all a life has been taken and he is responsible ,whether it was a gun,car,knife or dog
poor poor child
Page 46 of 53 « First < 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 > Last »