Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
The Prologue of his first book, Cesar's Way, gives a pages-long account of how every day he is up at 6 am to take the dogs up into the hills. In the afternoons, he takes them out on his in line skates, 10 at a time, which means he has to go out for at least 4 separate sessions. I can quote verbatim if anyone wants.
When does he get to do his filming and be the behaviourist he is supposed to be then. Oh and write his books.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
No - ecollar people do tell you this, but a yelp when an ecollar is on is very rarely of surprise, believe me

If you do get hold of one, try it on the highest setting and see what you think. It's no buzz, as they say!

Wys
x
You haven't me squeak when OH makes me jump then Wys ? !

I have already said before, I would not use an e-collar on the highest setting, or let it be used on my dog by my hypothetical "expert".
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
You know Loki's pet name then! Among others .

He does want to please and if I raise my voice he does throw himself down and gaze up at me, rolls onto his back, etc. I yelled at my husband the other night and Loki ran under the table. It's just that in certain situations - I believe - his natural urges take over and he is his own dog and I am momentarily forgotten. It all seems to depend on the sitiation, where we are, what we are doing.
Aha ! There is hope for him yet then !!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
When does he get to do his filming and be the behaviourist he is supposed to be then. Oh and write his books.
I think it is taken as read that the description given in his book is a typical day Heather & Zak
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 07:20 PM
I think it is taken as read that the description given in his book is a typical day Heather & Zak
Sorry but you did quote 'every day' so it's not everyday then?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Sorry but you did quote 'every day' so it's not everyday then?

Do you want me to go and get the book and type it out for you? Will you believe it then?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Sorry - got to go, leave a message for me Heather if the answer is yes !!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-06-2009, 07:58 PM
He actually says on an average day. He doesn't go alone and on the days he can't go for whatever reason someone else will take his place. He does however place great importance on his time with his dogs so will always endeavour to do the run himself. It's his life, his livelihood why wouldn't he make time for it.
I manage to walk mine on my own everyday, look after my grand daughter, keep house, do the shopping, do all the decorating and maintenance on the house. Stuff I'm pretty sure he manages to pay people to do these days. No one wonders how I fit in all in, mostly they think I sit on my butt all day
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 08:15 PM

Do you want me to go and get the book and type it out for you? Will you believe it then?
Nope still won't believe it. Every day means every day not a typical day. If CM is such a great behaviourist why would he feel the need to use an e-collar, it has me baffled. Daddy has survived cancer, he has arthritis and CM feels the need to shock him to stop him going near snakes. Surely with his supposed vast amount of experience he could have done it a different way.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
He actually says on an average day. He doesn't go alone and on the days he can't go for whatever reason someone else will take his place. He does however place great importance on his time with his dogs so will always endeavour to do the run himself. It's his life, his livelihood why wouldn't he make time for it.
I manage to walk mine on my own everyday, look after my grand daughter, keep house, do the shopping, do all the decorating and maintenance on the house. Stuff I'm pretty sure he manages to pay people to do these days. No one wonders how I fit in all in, mostly they think I sit on my butt all day
Now this I can believe. He can afford all the help he needs.
Page 41 of 45 « First < 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 > Last »