View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 05:12 PM
I apologise - it seems that she does Schutzhund.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
No, simply because I have never had to. This certainly would be something I would consider were I ever to have a serious problem with Tai. The use of an e-collar would absolutely be last case scenario, were I ever to consider it.

Am I sure that Tai wouldn't be too bothered by a buzzing on his neck? As sure as I can be LS. It sounds to me with your Loki, he is like my Hal, you are starting from the premise that he doesn't WANT or CARE to please you ! Tai WANTS to please, and WANTS to be obedient. If I raise my voice at him, he goes all sort of floppy, and stands there slowly wagging his tail gazing up at me with these sad bloodhound-type eyes. He is a different status from Loki, by the sounds of it LS. Loki sounds so like Hal ... a Git !!
You know Loki's pet name then! Among others .

He does want to please and if I raise my voice he does throw himself down and gaze up at me, rolls onto his back, etc. I yelled at my husband the other night and Loki ran under the table. It's just that in certain situations - I believe - his natural urges take over and he is his own dog and I am momentarily forgotten. It all seems to depend on the sitiation, where we are, what we are doing.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I apologise - it seems that she does Schutzhund.
Whats the difference in the sports
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 05:46 PM
The way I see it the proof is there for all to see.
Even if Cesar doesnt walk the dogs everyday I am sure someone does and sure he can afford to pay someone to do it.
The dogs look very relaxed happy and content and even if it is their home have seen many dogs in their homes not this settled. And the fact that most or all of these are problem dogs speaks volumes for me.
Having this many dogs together mingling that would otherwise of been PTS especially the powerful breeds like the pits I think is heartwarming and gives the message not to give up not that he a dog beater.
Also I am not a dog but if you guve Daddy the choice would you rather stay at home or come walking for 4 hours in the mountains but wear a collar for your own safety wonder what he would choose????????
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
Even if Cesar doesnt walk the dogs everyday I am sure someone does and sure he can afford to pay someone to do it.
The dogs look very relaxed happy and content and even if it is their home have seen many dogs in their homes not this settled. And the fact that most or all of these are problem dogs speaks volumes for me.
Having this many dogs together mingling that would otherwise of been PTS especially the powerful breeds like the pits I think is heartwarming and gives the message not to give up not that he a dog beater.
Also I am not a dog but if you guve Daddy the choice would you rather stay at home or come walking for 4 hours in the mountains but wear a collar for your own safety wonder what he would choose????????
Seriously......I would rather stay at home than go out and be shocked for something I possibly don't understand.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Firstly I don't get the impression the shocking is on going, he doesn't wear a e collar on his walks.
Daddy is getting old as some are very keen to point out, he has had cancer, went through chemo, he's arthritic for which he receives acupunture every fortnight. Apart from that he is a healthy active dog. He has exercised every day of his life and his body is still in very good shape.
Where you see his age is in his energy levels, he is slowing down. He can't keep up with the younger dogs anymore. He still wants to walk and run he just does it at a more leisurely pace. When he does try to keep up, it stresses him out because of his arthritis. He no longer leaps into the back of the vehicle he puts his front paws up and waits to be lifted. He still gets plenty of exercise but these days the exercise is tailored to his needs, therefore more gentle than before. His arthritis is treated with homeopathic remedies, massage and salt baths. He gets lots of oportunities to swim to aid his muscles and joints. I think he has a good life.
topbarks
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I'm not surprised with the conflict of training.
I imagine a dog that has gone through one kind of thraining and is then subjected to a completely different kind would be very confused.

There is a lady in this country who does ring sport with her Malinos - as far as I am aware she is doing very well without using e-collars.
Having trained with and seen the some of the work Wys has done with her dog first hand I'm sure she'd teach a lot of folks a thing or two without the need for such a horrible device.
Her training is based on love and trust and from what I saw gees did it work.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Funny, but they were there werent they, yet no need for an e-collar, nowt funny about zapping an elderly dog Gnasher, its shameful.

Would be if we KNEW it were true, somehow I doubt it.

Even those who dislike CM in the extreme would doubt that he would lie, in print, to such an extent Dawn ... all except you, of course !!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Firstly I don't get the impression the shocking is on going, he doesn't wear a e collar on his walks.
Daddy is getting old as some are very keen to point out, he has had cancer, went through chemo, he's arthritic for which he receives acupunture every fortnight. Apart from that he is a healthy active dog. He has exercised every day of his life and his body is still in very good shape.
Where you see his age is in his energy levels, he is slowing down. He can't keep up with the younger dogs anymore. He still wants to walk and run he just does it at a more leisurely pace. When he does try to keep up, it stresses him out because of his arthritis. He no longer leaps into the back of the vehicle he puts his front paws up and waits to be lifted. He still gets plenty of exercise but these days the exercise is tailored to his needs, therefore more gentle than before. His arthritis is treated with homeopathic remedies, massage and salt baths. He gets lots of oportunities to swim to aid his muscles and joints. I think he has a good life.
Crumbs! I suffer from arthritis, but nobody lifts me up, or massages me or bathes me in salt !!

That is ONE spoiled boy ... and why not, he is a gorgeous dog and he deserves it.

Oh, that cruel, wicked Cesar Millan
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
The Prologue of his first book, Cesar's Way, gives a pages-long account of how every day he is up at 6 am to take the dogs up into the hills. In the afternoons, he takes them out on his in line skates, 10 at a time, which means he has to go out for at least 4 separate sessions. I can quote verbatim if anyone wants.
Page 40 of 45 « First < 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 > Last »