Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Lyken View Post
Ok before i say anything else..

THESE ARE MY PARTNERS DOGS..

My dogs are all Shown and scoailised from 8weeks old, and even younger when we breed ourselfs..

As i stated these JR's where trained a certain way..

And are not MINE, but my Partners family's.

Now of to read the posts..
Hi Lyken sorry but your posts are very confusing.
Please note the post you made in the introduction section yesterday..
Hi all

I joind about ayear ago, but haven since then been out of the dog world, but now back into it

When i joined I had 8 dogs =)
5 Huskies & 3 malamutes!

Now to add, i have 1 Rottweiler from Danjerries (Her sire is CH.Travillon Rant n Rave JW)

And Also 2 Jack russles , did have 3 but one was stolen then found and yet we are not alowed to have him

Well thats me =)

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...02#post1693802
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Minni, i say we have a Husky but she lives with my parents. I still class her as MY dog though as we spend a lot of time with her and she was what formed most of my experience with dogs . . .
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Ok, The dogs are trained for certain reasons..

Which i will not state on a public forum, but if you have a guard dog, you expect them to guard?!
The mother & Farther where Inside the house, and He was left out side, which he is all the time, due to prefuring to be outside..
The garden is fully secure.. And when we noticed he was missing part of the Gate on the fence was snapped!
He couldnt of done that himself..

We tryed talking resonably to the new owners, and she said its happend to me before, i never got my dog back, so why should i give him back!

Which isnt fair!

The dogs under the STAGGAN affix live with my parents, who i show & work and ocasionally breed..
www.staggansleddogs.com

The JR's I have known for over 2 years..
And Posted to make my Partners dad's Post a bit clearer..
No we wouldnt put them through stress, Because it isnt fair on them, if you see what these where like you would understnad..
Liken, regardless of who the actual owner of the dog was (and I am really sorry the dog is lost to you) I think the allegations made in the first post about the kennel are very serious, read them yourself and imagine you are the kennel owner.

If my dog went missing the onus would be on me to find the dog and although I would leave details with the local Pound /police/vets and anyone else I could think of, I would be round to the Pound every day checking on the new intake of dogs .

If the dog came in to the Pound and I had failed to claimed it and the policy of the Pound was to re home dogs after a period of time, I would not then make accusations about the Pound for doing just that.

Yes it would have been nice if someone could have contacted you but as has been pointed out earlier in the thread, Pounds deal with many dogs and can't spend all their time phoning possible owners.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

27-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
What is then?
That's a good question. A receipt from the supplier, vetinary records, witness statements, etc, may be considered proof but AFAIK there is no definitive piece of evidence.

I am involved with a campaign to promote mandatory microchip/tattoo with a 'passport from birth' log book similar to motor vehicles. If successful it would make identification and ownership disputes a lot easier to resolve and may prevent errors occurring such as Kiss, the husky or possibly the case in this thread.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
That's a good question. A receipt from the supplier, vetinary records, witness statements, etc, may be considered proof but AFAIK there is no definitive piece of evidence.

I am involved with a campaign to promote mandatory microchip/tattoo with a 'passport from birth' log book similar to motor vehicles. If successful it would make identification and ownership disputes a lot easier to resolve.
Receipts from suppliers, vet records, pedigrees, registration documents, etc., etc., can all be tampered with or forged. Witness statements could be false; it is not hard to get someone to lie. Pictures can be photoshopped.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

27-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Receipts from suppliers, vet records, pedigrees, registration documents, etc., etc., can all be tampered with or forged. Witness statements could be false; it is not hard to get someone to lie. Pictures can be photoshopped.
Which is why a more robust system would be welcome.

However, in this instance, nobody is disputing the identification of this dog. Nobody is saying that it is not the dog that Lyken lost. What is disputed is where ownership currently resides - with Lyken or with the new adoptive family.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 05:43 PM

However, in this instance, nobody is disputing the identification of this dog. Nobody is saying that it is not the dog that Lyken lost. What is disputed is where ownership currently resides - with Lyken or with the new adoptive family.
What happens in the case of stolen property? I'm not sure if someone who innocently buys something stolen has to give it back to the owner if there is proof?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 05:59 PM

There is no dispute. The dog warden holds the dog for 7 days and after 7 days the dog becomes the property of the local authorities. If the dog is signed over to new owners, the new owners legally own the dog. The OP legally does not still own this dog.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-05-2009, 07:34 PM
What a horrible situation for all parties.

I'm afraid that it doesn't matter whether you can prove the dog was yours if the local authority has discharged its duties properly.

Google Trevor Cooper and see if he can offer some advice however, to my mind, it comes down to whether the LA seized the dog as a stray and entered it into their register of found dogs currently being held by them.

The register is publically available and the onus is on owners to check it. If the dog was on the register then ownership transfered to the LA on the seventh day and, if rehomed, the new owners have proper legal title.

If the dog was not entered into the register then proper transfer cannot have occured and the dog still belongs to you. You may have to pay some accomodation/food bill to the adoptive family but you can still claim the dog back.
this is true

also, whilst it serves in your favour in a wider case alongside other evidence, on its own, microchipping doesn't prove ownership of a dog, it just proves ownership of the chip.
but its still a great idea in the bigger legal picture and if your dog gets lost
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

27-05-2009, 07:55 PM
There is no dispute.
Have you told Lyken?

We tryed talking resonably to the new owners, and she said its happend to me before, i never got my dog back, so why should i give him back!

Which isnt fair!

The OP legally does not still own this dog.
Only on the proviso that the LA has properly discharged its obligations.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >