View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Tassle I think you are right. We often need support as much as advice.
Everyone is only to quick to share advice and experiences and then we end up with a situation like this where the OP gets information overload and we find we have a witch hunt on our hands. (This is what this is turning into IMHO)
I personally think Pidge has tried too hard and maybe shared too much information with us.
Shall we all back off now and await updates, hopefully with some good news, on Woody.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 03:20 PM
I agree with Tassle...sometimes people just need support. Pidge did make it clear early on in the thread that she was listening only to her trainer and bahviourist....
There has been lots of helpful stuff on here. Lets not turn on someone now..
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Be shocked Pidge,you're first post implied that he was agrresive and the only option for him if you didn't get it sorted was PTS, how do you think that makes people feel when they actually can't see what the problem is, from your posts.

We have all been there, it is typical puppy behaviour.

from what i can gather and i maybe wrong, so correct me if i am, you want him to go in his cage while you go to work, fair dos no problem with that, you want to take him out and have fun then expect him to only ask for attention when you want him to, and when he doesn't and goes and entertains himself, by chewing etc then he's not wired up right, but dogs are living breathing things.

I'm sorry if its harsh, but from YOUR posts it does feel like watching a car crash, try posting something good about him for a change
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE=Pidge;1685013]Elaine, do you have any idea how I felt that day? The day I made this thread I was told that if things carry on re-homing wont be an option, he'll have to be pts. I was mortified!!

Yes I do Em, and that was why you had so much support.

At what point during this whole thread have I not appeared grateful for advice and support? Never. I have thanked at each occasion. I don't understand why I'm getting such negative comments now when I've tried to be as clear as possible.

True, so you were asking for advice then? and you got the support. Now your turning it around when people, who have offered you support and advice seem to be banging their heads against brick walls.

I was trying to show the positives by letting you all know how much better things are getting (time frame is irrelevant, it can be 1 hour or 10 days, I don't care as long as there is improvement).

As Jackbox said how can you turn a dog around in such a short space of time? It looked to a lot of people on here, that everything in the garden was rosey, all of a sudden! when 6 days ago you were telling us that there was that possibility of Woody being pts. I know you were upset but then after reading that, don't you think everyone else on here was too?

Shona, I'm happy to email you about it if you want to discuss it but I'm not going to post anymore about Woody's problems ion here it just seems to open me up to all sorts of things. Which is a shame because most of the advice has been gratefully received but I'm clearly doing everyone's head in so I'd rather not. Hope that's OK.

Thank you Tassle, this is exactly what I was after. The start of the thread was full of some really helpful vibes and similar stories that I have read and taken in. Especially all the PMs from people. All of that really, really helped.[/QUOTE]

As did I re: his food issue so how was that negative to you?

Seems a bit suss to me. I'm sorry, but it's all a bit twee and nice and running through the buttercups and loloping in the streams Wordswothy to me imo. It seems that you have sorted out Woodys aggression with you and with his food, You have sorted out his over hyper behaviour and he has become this perfect little 8 month old ESS that you wanted. Well well done, you should bottle that and in 6 days too!
elaine
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
Be shocked Pidge,you're first post implied that he was agrresive and the only option for him if you didn't get it sorted was PTS, how do you think that makes people feel when they actually can't see what the problem is, from your posts.

We have all been there, it is typical puppy behaviour.

from what i can gather and i maybe wrong, so correct me if i am, you want him to go in his cage while you go to work, fair dos no problem with that, you want to take him out and have fun then expect him to only ask for attention when you want him to, and when he doesn't and goes and entertains himself, by chewing etc then he's not wired up right, but dogs are living breathing things.

I'm sorry if its harsh, but from YOUR posts it does feel like watching a car crash, try posting something good about him for a change

Pidge is always telling how wonderful Woody is, come on be fair.
Her first post told of problems occuring and the fact that they had been told the time might come when to PTS might be the only option if things weren't addressed now. She also said she would never, ever allow this to happen.
I think from this we can see how everyone interprets the written word differently and this is where problems arise.

Right I am off to watch a bit of footie now
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 03:29 PM
I am shocked there is even a suggestion that Woody be PTS. I mentioned ages ago to you Pidge that springers IMO are really not easy dogs they are bloody hard work. I can base this on fostering for springer welfare and taking in 3 with severe aggression. You said you had researched and knew what you were doing.
I hate to say it but saw this coming a mile off IMO you treat him like your baby not a dog and thus has created the problems you have now.
Please dont ever PTS hand him to us or springer welfare.
I made the same mistake with my dog which was a springer but luckily when it went pear shaped I stopped treating her like a baby and treat her like a dog and it rectified itself.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 03:33 PM
This is a strange thread. It went from everyone giving Pidge advice and support, to Pidge saying she was feeling much better (all great so far), then a few members decide to have a go?

What's that all about? TBH it looks like sour grapes on the part of some people who have given advice (and it was all good advice IMO) but then found out that Pidge was listening to her behaviourist/trainer only.

If there's one thing I learned in the past two years it is:

You can't FORCE someone to take your advice. You can give it. Then what the other party does with it is up to them. There is no point slating the OP for posting when she was in a highly emotional state. We've all done that at some point (I know I have).

Let those who are without sin cast the first stone
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
This is a strange thread. I went from everyone giving Pidge advice and support, to Pidge saying she was feeling much better (all great so far), then a few members decide to have a go?

What's that all about? TBH it looks like sour grapes on the part of some people who have given advice (and it was all good advice IMO) but then found out that Pidge was listening to her behaviourist/trainer only.

If there's one thing I learned in the past two years it is:

You can't FORCE someone to take your advice. You can give it. Then what the other party does with it is up to them. There is no point slating the OP for posting when she was in a highly emotional state. We've all done that at some point (I know I have).

Let those who are without sin cast the first stone
Oh so true.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
As Jackbox said how can you turn a dog around in such a short space of time?
Perhaps because Pidge was feeling so down the other day when she posted. She'd been told something very upsetting also. When you are feeling bad don't things always seem a lot worse than they actually are?

Doesn't take a brain surgeon (or a counsellor ) to work that one out.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Not to go on again because to be honest I think this thread is dead but has it crossed your mind that perhaps this thread was started on a really bad day when everything did seem abit doom and gloom?

The point people (including me) is that you are having more doon and gloom days that good one with Woody... not just on this thread.. it is a patten that comes across on many occasions.

I have also not asked for any help or advice. I appreciate the stuff I got but I think it's unfair to accuse me of being off for not listening to all the advice when a) I didn't ask for it and b) I made it clear I had professionals helping us.

Pidge, you say you where not asking for advice, I understand that on this occasion, just good vibes, and a little support,and you have had them in unison from ALL members here, on many many occasions.. but when one comes on with the message that you have been advised that he may need PTS , you cant be surprised if people then jump in with as much advice as they can muster to help you see it is not or even close to being necessary

I apologise that my reassuring you that I am chilled and Woody is happy, loved and living a life of fun has caused so much upset. Really.

But cant you see , why people are becong frustrated with that response.

I understand you where having a down day...but it is not possible to turn a dog round in 6 days from the issues you say he has.. to a happy chilled dog, you say he is today,

Since day one, when you joined the forum, you have had issues and asked for "advice" on almost a weekly basis, on Woodys behaviour... no one has a problem with that , after all thats what forums are for...

People have spent hrs taking the time to respond to you , to help you as much as possible,

Going right back to your first post when Woody was 8 wks old, and you had a problem of not being able to have "quiet time " with your hubby, because he would not settle, we have been telling you it is all normal puppy behaviour.

Granted you have know got an aggression issue, but not something that cant be sorted... yet in this thread after pages and pages of help, you turn round as say... thanks but no thanks,,, I will only listen to my trainer.

Nothing wrong in that at all, it is after all what you pay them for... but you must be able to see why some feel a little miffed , when you come looking for advice one day, but dont want it the next...

Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Err...ouch!

Forums like this are for sharing. Whether you choose to share the negative or the positive is up to you.

And yes....have highlighted the last word....why can people not just ask for some moral support or some confirmation that they are not the only one in the world going through that.
Also....I posted something in general dog chat the otehr day after carefully deciding (reading the posting guidlines) that it did not belong in the T&B section.....low and behold when I looked back it had been shifted.

I think that may be a little unfair, Pidge has had plenty of moral support, regards Woody, and has been reassured at every opportunity that she is not the only one in the world to go through puppy hood pulling their hair out
Closed Thread
Page 33 of 44 « First < 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 > Last »