Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I'm not very good at videos. It's also a bit soon since they last played and popped the balloons on Mothers Day. They may not have forgotten yet that they "pop" - I will get some pics though, next time we have some balloons around, for whatever occasion. Bailey loves them. Mind you, Bailey loves popping bubbles in puddles (strange little doggy that he is). Whilst all the other Chis are hiding under trees, garden tables, etc., keeping out of the rain, Bailey stands in the middle of the patio chasing and popping the bubbles in the puddles I'll try to get some pics, next time he does it

Oh and yes, they like normal sized balloons. The last ones on Mothers Day were long catarpillar balloons, that the kids drew faces on! The Chis loved them
oooh, have you ever tried Bailey with the bubble stuff for dogs - I bet he'd have a brilliant time (like the bubble stuff for kids but it is flavoured and presumably ok for the dogs to lick).

Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I'd also like to see footage of the Chis playing with balloons as it sounds hilarious!!

I'll video Monty next time he has them. I swear he is the dog of no fear!
I'd love to see him in action too
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
oooh, have you ever tried Bailey with the bubble stuff for dogs - I bet he'd have a brilliant time (like the bubble stuff for kids but it is flavoured and presumably ok for the dogs to lick).

I'd love to see him in action too
Oh no, I hadn't heard of bubbles for dogs. I'll have to look out for them. Bailey will think it's Christmas

I too, would love to see Monty in action. I bet he looks so cute - bless
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
3 of mine would be terrified as they are rather nervous especially of loud noises, Wills would just ignore it as another thing beneath her! Spot would soon kill it.

I would never let the boo near one, he would eventually pop it and be destraught for the rest of the day just like he was when he licked his best friend to death (ok it was a bumble bee but he still felt it)
That is the cutest thing I have ever heard!! LOL and bless all in one!! ;o)

My silly sausages like them, until one of them gets a bit rough, balloon pops and then they all run for cover
Hahahaha, how funny is that!

Woody has met a balloon once. He was intrigued but then petrified. He likes to assess situations and then talks himself into being afraid of them! Wuss.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Oh no, I hadn't heard of bubbles for dogs. I'll have to look out for them. Bailey will think it's Christmas

I too, would love to see Monty in action. I bet he looks so cute - bless
this is the idea......

http://www.canineconcepts.co.uk/cat-...FeZL5Qod9TMg5w

You don't have to buy the machine - I only bought the refills and they came with the wee stick with the round hole that you blow through
heavensent
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2009, 08:49 PM
my older rottie loves playing with balloons, she can play with one for house too, usually until one of the cats come along and bang goes her fun..lol x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 09:33 PM
The girls don't bother about them.

Bruce gets hold of the knot and shakes them.....and then wonders why his face gets slapped either side

He looks very unamused when they burst though...

My uncles Dog (years back) Rex, used to carry them around all day by the knot, he adored them
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Both of mine can't stand them, as soon as one hits the floor they run for cover!! No idea why
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Balloons are toxic to dogs !
Why are they toxic to dogs? Please...
DogBoy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-04-2009, 08:29 AM
First time Charlie ever met one was at the local forest, he stopped about 10 feet in front of me made himself as big as he could and went nuclear. I couldn't see what he was barking at at fist and that wasn't like him at all so i knew it had to be something. I thought maybe someone was lurking in the bushes but when i got close i saw a glimpse of sunlight reflecting off of a half deflated childrens helium balloon that was caught by it's ribbon just below head height.
I only had about 10 shots left on my memory card which was a shame because when i fished it out he just adored it of course right up till when it popped the shots i got are on an old BLOG if you would like to see them
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Fudge used to be terrified of them but she seems to have overcome this recently.She is as we speak laid ac ross the top of the chair with a McDonalds balloon on either side of her. She is not keen though when they move about as she knows they can go BANG!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >