Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
If i wanted a loved up Kids Board id have joined one! this board is about Dogs.

A reminder to those WITH kids, My dogs ARE the be all & end all to my life. So yes in case of fire im saving my dogs risking my life, kids. im calling the Fire brigade. is that blunt enough for u?

After reading your earlier posts on this thread, I'd say it's no more than I'd expect

And it's not a case of a "loved up kids board" - it's more a case of manners
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 01:34 PM
If i wanted a loved up Kids Board id have joined one! this board is about Dogs.

A reminder to those WITH kids, My dogs ARE the be all & end all to my life. So yes in case of fire im saving my dogs risking my life, kids. im calling the Fire brigade. is that blunt enough for u?
Who said anything about a "loved up Kids Board"? How about a "just being polite to people who love their kids and their dogs board?"

I can't see anyone knocking, criticizing or in any way against your devotion to your dogs, it's great, it's what makes you happy, now please pay us the same courtesy.

J
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Wow - this thread has been a real eye-opener!!!

I would say that many small children would be scared of a large boxer charging towards them - they would not necessarily need to be afraid of dogs (nor the dog be aggressive). I don't think it is acceptable to allow an off lead dog to charge up to anyone - never mind a small child. JMO.

Fair enough, you were apologetic and I think that should go a long way. Obviously the child was upset though, and in the circumstances the mother may have mouthed off at you due to the stress of the situation.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 01:39 PM
No, I didnt say anything about anyones on heres kids.

So no im not saying sorry. im not sorry for not liking childern. Its my choice.

I Dont like kids, im not saying i do to please u lot.

Im unsubsribing for this thread now! Bye see you back on "DOGSEY" where we can talk about DOGS
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Its not closed minded, i just dont like them, its honesty, i have no desire to do anything with them.

When i used to be a riding instructor i had to touch them & it really repelled me! i just dont get them!

If you like kids go & have 100s, just dont expect me to baby sit!
That's a really interesting response, thank you for your honesty, I confess I don't think I have ever met anyone who actually feels repelled by children.

Two is quite enough, thanks! I definitely want more dogs, I definitely don't want any more kids, they are much more work, if you think dog training is a challenge....!

And no, I certainly wouldn't ask you to babysit! I think I would be very uncomfortable having someone around my children who found them repellent. Just as I don't really like people around my dogs who don't like them.

J
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Its not closed minded, i just dont like them, its honesty, i have no desire to do anything with them.

When i used to be a riding instructor i had to touch them & it really repelled me! i just dont get them!

If you like kids go & have 100s, just dont expect me to baby sit!
I presume you mean 'replused' and not 'repelled'? what an odd statement, considering that you too and everyone else around you was once a child. You obviously haven't had much love in your life from the human and not the canine kind.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 01:43 PM
No, I didnt say anything about anyones on heres kids.

So no im not saying sorry. im not sorry for not liking childern. Its my choice.

I Dont like kids, im not saying i do to please u lot.

Im unsubsribing for this thread now! Bye see you back on "DOGSEY" where we can talk about DOGS
You may not read this but anyway here goes... no one is asking for an apology, just future courtesy and the OP was about a dog running up to a child so the thread is still, loosely, on topic.

J
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Hahaha, very well said! The preciousness is what has made the world what we live in now, OTT and ASBO infested!

If my child was crying because a dog came near it I'd wallop it! I do not agree with molly coddling children.

Now I'm in trouble.
All I can say is, I would suggest you don't ever have any children!!! Would you wallop your puppy too for being scared of a large, off lead dog charging up to it, and it crying in fear?

I have dogs and a child. If an off lead dog ran up and scared my son, of course I wouldn't make a big deal out of it and would try to jolly him along (a bit like you do with a pup experiencing something they find scary) - however, I would be a bit p*ssed off that the owner of the dog didn't have control over her animal.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Guys, i know this thread has been on and off topic throughout but does it really need to turn into a slanging match about whether we like kids or not?

I've got no problem with kids or people with kids, I've got no problem with people who don't like dogs. If everyone was the same then life would be very boring.

There have been some very useful and thoughtful posts on this thread and it would be nice if they weren't clouded by arguing.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Typical comment from someone that has little or no experience with children.

Once upon a time, most kids has contact with dogs in some way, as they were (generally) allowed to roam. Times have changed. Many, many children have ZERO experience with dogs. For a large dog (remember even small/medium sized dogs look pretty large to a child) to come charging over when you have no experience with them IS intimidating. A typical responce to this situation from a child would be to cry.

As for the comments on people walking in areas where dogs are off the lead - TOUGH!! people can walk wherever the heck they want, when they want. A responsible owner won't let their dog off the lead without a decent recall, nor would they put their dog in a situation where it can bother others. Dogs are getting banned from public places left right and centre. If we don't want this continue, we need to start taking responsibility and stop shifting the blame on others...crying kids, moody parents, non dog owners.
A balanced and sensible post
Page 9 of 14 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »