Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 12:33 PM

No, I don't want to mate my bitch!

For months now, I occasionally meet this stupid man at the park who has a male Westie.

Several times now he has asked me if my dog is a female and do I want to have pups with his boy! Argh!

Every time I have told him no and told him why, and everytime I meet him he asks me the same bloody thing over again!

This morning, however, I was just in the mood for him and I told him straight just as he was about to ask me again!

I'm sick of him! I really am!

I told him all the reasons why he should not be going round parks asking if folk want to mate their dogs with his!

I mentioned the fact (again!) that my bitch is spayed, she's not a perfect example of the breed, she's had no health tests, it would be totally irresponsible for me to breed from here even if she wasn't spayed, etc.....

He said "he goes to he vets all the time" when I mentioned health tests! Argh! I also asked him did he have good homes lined up for the puppies he plans to produce, "no".

I also asked him does he know the amount of Westies in rescue? He said "no", so I suggested he finds out! I also informed him that it's folk like him who will contribute to the amount of unwanted dogs in rescue centres all over the country.

Thick as mince he is, I'm telling you.

He told me "you've got a problem". I told him he was right and I do have a problem with people like him intending to breed dogs not for the benefit of breed at all and all the other reasons for him not to breed!

Then, later on in the walk, he passed me again and sheepishly said "Merry Christmas". I just growled at him. Ah, the season of goodwill!

If I meet him again....

Phew, that feels better to get it all out!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Oooooh, don't think he'll be asking you that question again!

What I don't understand is, if he is so intent on making puppies, why doesn't he go down the proper route instead of hassling people in parks People can be very strange sometimes
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Oooooh, don't think he'll be asking you that question again!

What I don't understand is, if he is so intent on making puppies, why doesn't he go down the proper route instead of hassling people in parks People can be very strange sometimes
He had better not, I'm telling you! I've had it with him! I've tried being nice but it's just not getting through!

Last time I asked what age the dog was, and he said 6, so I said "ah well, too late now, it's 4 years old max for a male". He said "oh is it". But he still hasn't a clue! It's not getting through to him! Hopefully this time it has!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 01:07 PM
I know how you feel - there's an old boy in my stree who used to breed JRTs. Every time I see him he says 'You should get a choke chain on those dogs. You're ruining their coats putting a flat collar on them!'

Everytime I tell him I am not putting a choke chain on my dogs, but we have the same conversation at least once a week! I might tell him I'll put one on him if he'sthat keen on them
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 01:46 PM
It makes me sick when people just want to breed for the sake of it. My neighbour told me yesterday that her friend had seen Barney in the garden and she liked the look of him so would I be willing to let him mate with her 2 year old bitch when he is old enough. He is only bl**dy 16 weeks old how can she tell what he will look like when he is mature. I think its just a case she wants to breed her cav so lets find the nearest male. Needless to say my answer was "No and it will always be no". The answer I got back was "Why not? Your mean she has a lovely dog".
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Good on you!!! What an idiot....tho...

Are you sure though he is not just trying to make conversation to chat you up?!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 01:59 PM
I think I`d have turned the subject round to castration. In my experience blokes go a bit pale and edge away when you start going on about the merits of de-baubling.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I think I`d have turned the subject round to castration. In my experience blokes go a bit pale and edge away when you start going on about the merits of de-baubling.
Nice one !!
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Dear god, Nic....you are one scary woman!!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 03:00 PM
I think that could be the last you hear from him
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >