View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-12-2008, 12:55 PM
My house could probably house several more but I don't think the house size is particularly relevant. The dogs don't go into most of it anyway and although my kitchen is a very good size they still manage to be in the way whenever food is being prepared or served just on the off chance they may get lucky. My lounge is much larger than average but they all sit on the floor by my feet so that I have to perform gymnastics whenever I get up, if I go to the loo during in the ad break I have to perform a leap akin to the fosby flop to get back on the sofa after .
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 01:38 PM
I don't think the house size matters . If I lived in Buckingham palace my dogs would still just want to be in the room I was in anyway .
As long as the dogs are well exercised the size of house shouldn't matter . I have 4 dogs in an average sized house
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 01:53 PM
I don't think house size really matters as long as the dogs are getting plenty of exercise.

My four dogs (2 GSDs and 2 BCs) live in our house, which is a three bed cottage and not huge, but we do have lots of land around us (and few roads) so the dogs get plenty of space to wander around and be exercised

Here is where we live ... I would love to see where other people live.

Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Ok big garden, Static caravan and 5 dogs......

and me....when I fit! I work form home and the dogs come almost everywhere with me.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
we hve 5 in a small semi detached, two bed & largeish box room (allegedly 3 bed, you know the type)

not huge dogs, but lively!!!!

& a cat. they fit in fine, resonable sized but not huge garden.
What a gorgeous photo Mish. All your dogs are sooooo beautiful!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Moobli, everytime I see pics of where you live it makes me want to move!!!! xx
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 02:53 PM
wow moobli, how id like to live where you live. its amazing!!
love the picture of the border collies.
i live in a 3 bed semi and have 2 dogs, 1 big and 1 smallish and just really want another but dont think there is enough room. especially as they sleep in the kitchen and the kitchen is pretty small
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 03:18 PM
i live in a 3bed mid terraced-a moderate sized house- i live on the doorstep of towpath and river walks so they get plenty of exersice but saying that my dogs(two gsds) feel the need to follow me wherever i go-even if its just to get a drink or nip to the loo their with me. i am thinking of adding another dog of diff breeding that will maybe not be quite so clingy!!!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 03:57 PM
I have a small two bedroom very cluttered end terrace house and have three large dogs and think there's plenty of room maybe for a foster doggy in the new year. I often look after my Mum's lurcher and now that she doesn't make too much difference tot he pack... Dogs like to be in a pack. If I had my own way I'd live in a place like Cesar Milan in LA full of dogs
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
i live in a 3bed mid terraced-a moderate sized house- i live on the doorstep of towpath and river walks so they get plenty of exersice but saying that my dogs(two gsds) feel the need to follow me wherever i go-even if its just to get a drink or nip to the loo their with me. i am thinking of adding another dog of diff breeding that will maybe not be quite so clingy!!!
lol i know the feeling, my gsd wants to follow me everywhere, is that just a gsd thing then?
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >