View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2008, 05:24 PM
I would. He would soon put Lennon in his place. He'd likely scare Mya witless, though
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2008, 05:45 PM
I would as well. I like him. I like the fact that the dogs are his main concern, and not the owners. Some of the owners you see on Dog Borstal need a bloody good shake and need the firmness and education from him!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I don`t know - we`ve only seen snippets of what he does. I like his approach to lead-work, but don`t like the fact he never seems to reward. I know he has excellent results with aggressive and difficult dogs so I`d be interested in finding out more about his methods. Has anyone been to his regular classes?
I've seen him reward quite a few times. He also teaches his owners the type of voice to use when praising.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2008, 05:48 PM
mic martins a member on here, im not sure your ment to have threads about members... but im sure he wouldnt mind... you could pm him the link
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
mic martins a member on here, im not sure your ment to have threads about members... but im sure he wouldnt mind... you could pm him the link
Is he!!!
I think he is great love Dog Borstal.
I think he needs to met Dori and Katie and sort them out, they have been ******s today.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by dori-katie View Post
Is he!!!
I think he is great love Dog Borstal.
I think he needs to met Dori and Katie and sort them out, they have been ******s today.
yup... Hes a member, he doesnt post often though
but he does pop in from time to time
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Is it definitely the real Mic Martin, Shona?! That's exciting if it is! I'd seen the user name Mic Martin but didn't think it was him!
Boxacrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Met him in person at the Wag & Bone show in Windsor.
From the short meeting with my nutty pups I'd say he has a good sense of humour. (He let me have a photo taken with him with my Boxers to 'brag' to a Mic M fan, she was soooo jealous, LOL)
I think he doesn't suffer fools glady but just wants to make a difference with those who WANT to learn and correct their mistakes. It doesn't matter how long you've been in dogs you are always learning and some techniques/methods work better for different dogs and owners.
For me I'm no good with a clicker so do use my voice so his training methods may suit my 'cack handness'.

If I lived in the area he trained in yes I'd go to one of his courses. Would he appreciate my dogs well I doubt it but it would be good to improve my 'handling/training' for obedience...just could I cope with being bottom of the class each week?? I reckon I could if I could see improvement in myself and my dogs
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2008, 07:46 PM
i like him hes for the dogs sometimes hes hard on the owner but i usualy think thats their fault i cant stand lateness either excellent trainer
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Nope, he'd hate Flat Coats I suspect....I would love to meet and work with the lady trainer though
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »