Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol at you lot! Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one getting slightly worried! I do remember when I was about 10 they predicted the end of the World and I was really scared I wouldn't be there in the morning and I was, but this is different, this is something they are actually going to do, unlike just a prediction back in those days. I just want to know how they are allowed to put everything in jeopardy like this? I mean, if you or I decided to do a massive experiment which might incur blowing up the whole World, they'd come down on us like a ton of bricks wouldn't they, so who are these people who think they can just go ahead and do this? They don't OWN the world and everyone in it do they. For once, I'm with those Human Right people on this and I want that lawsuit slapped on their laps! I feel a very big "OOOOPS" coming on here!!!!

Dave has been watching all this being built, and apparently it's taken 10 years to build costing billions of pounds! Mad scientists at it again methinks! I might have my birthday a day early this year, in fact I AM, because my friends can only come round on Wednesday not Thursday, and that is also telling me something!!!!
There has already been a couple
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4682260.ece
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Can't read about thing like this. Frightenes me to death. Ignorance is bliss!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 02:02 PM
What is more worrying is that it is being built by, amongst others, Professor Brian Cox, who 10 years ago, when they started building this was actually the keyboard player with D-Ream.

I kid you not.... http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...ng-917196.html

Remember their one hit? 'Things can only get better'

I'm filled with confidence now.... that it won't work!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Am i the only loony slightly concerned?
No....me too.

I always watch these films where Mutants are walking arounfd, do you know I hope I never become a mutant. Scarey
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Ignorance is bless, i feel rather strange now! But heres hoping reports are right and they wouldn't be permitted to do it if it was such a risk...
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Some of the physicists from where I work are involved in this - it's being going on for ages and is pretty exciting!

Let's face it, if it goes wrong, I suspect we won't know about it
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Some of the physicists from where I work are involved in this - it's being going on for ages and is pretty exciting!

Let's face it, if it goes wrong, I suspect we won't know about it
Is it lancaster uni? It was on north west news couple of weeks back showing that and others things, one being a liquid that can be painted on the wall and it displays images such as tv.

Back to brian cox, I have seen him on a number of programs and despite his dodgy singing past he is a smart bloke.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Is it lancaster uni? It was on north west news couple of weeks back showing that and others things, one being a liquid that can be painted on the wall and it displays images such as tv.
Yup - the piece on North West Tonight was pretty good - all the profs featured are really nice people and it showed some of the more "accessible" stuff that our peeps come up with!

I've read a couple of the papers on Higgs-Bosun particles and the hadron collider - very interesting!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 03:17 PM
i don get it

why????

stupid really init - just let thins lie - if the world ends tomorow - thats nature - dont mess with things that you dont need to be messing with.......
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol at you lot! Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one getting slightly worried! I do remember when I was about 10 they predicted the end of the World and I was really scared I wouldn't be there in the morning and I was, but this is different, this is something they are actually going to do, unlike just a prediction back in those days. I just want to know how they are allowed to put everything in jeopardy like this? I mean, if you or I decided to do a massive experiment which might incur blowing up the whole World, they'd come down on us like a ton of bricks wouldn't they, so who are these people who think they can just go ahead and do this? They don't OWN the world and everyone in it do they. For once, I'm with those Human Right people on this and I want that lawsuit slapped on their laps! I feel a very big "OOOOPS" coming on here!!!!

Dave has been watching all this being built, and apparently it's taken 10 years to build costing billions of pounds! Mad scientists at it again methinks! I might have my birthday a day early this year, in fact I AM, because my friends can only come round on Wednesday not Thursday, and that is also telling me something!!!!
Yeah I remember my cousin telling me when I was a kid that the world was going to end in 2006.
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »