Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
ESS was upset by finding strangers discussing her son, her and her dog on a public thread.

Those are facts because it is what she feels.

So it could be asked why you don't feel mortified about upsetting a stranger?

That also beggars belief!
I wasn't discussing her or her son. I was simply stating a fact of a docked tail to support my argument. If you read my letter, you should see that. After she informed us what age her son was, I then said that he was too young to enter that class. She mentioned her son before I commented on his age. A fact.

We also talk about dogs, and other peoples dog on here all the time. Whether it be friends dogs, or dogs we've come across in the park. It is a dog forum, after all. Also, I only mentioned that it was pedigree docked with a docked tail in the wrong class. That was all.

I would be mortified if my pedigree was placed in a competition specifically designed for crossbreeds.

If she is upset, then so be it, that's not my problem.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Excuse me, I have nothing to apologies for. Again, I was stating facts.
eh? i didn't say anything about not contributing anymore in that post did i?

And you still can't see that you aren't appearing arrogant!!

"I have nothing to apologise for - i was stating facts"

The person was upset - surely you might just be able to lower yourself enough to say "i'm sorry you feel that way"

This was ESS first experience of what is supposed to be a friendly forum, surely you can see why finding strangers disussing your pets and family in a not very positive way might not make someone feel great.
ESS Owner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2008, 09:16 PM
If it was facts, I wouldn't be upset. I would be mightily mortified.

But you know the facts now, and you still won't admit it.

Ah well, it beggars belief.
Mortified!!!!??? .. For getting placed?? .. For you being a spectater to this class you really are taking it too far .. Why dont you make your complaint to the officials ( bearing in mind u have no permission from me to use any information i have given you) already mentioned by yourself and realise i am an innocent party here ..
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Of course you have the right to change your mind but a hell of a lot of this discussion seems to be on yoru terms only! I no longer want to talk about it as its going round in circles, close the thread....someone has said something i don't like......let me post again!!

If people are still disagreeing with you it seems obvious that the facts are up for interpretation and this is coloured by peoples personal opinions.

Saying there are facts and opinions may not be a slanging match but it certainly sounds very arrogant.
My apologies. I thought you were saying the part in bold about yourself as you didn't quote or use punctuation to state that it was me who said it. Sorry.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by ESS Owner View Post
Mortified!!!!??? .. For getting placed?? .. For you being a spectater to this class you really are taking it too far .. Why dont you make your complaint to the officials ( bearing in mind u have no permission from me to use any information i have given you) already mentioned by yourself and realise i am an innocent party here ..
Yes, mortified. Think about it.

I have taken my complaint to the officials, if you read the first few pages of the thread, you'll see that. I am awaiting a report.

I haven't used information you have given me. I have used the information I gathered at the show.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 09:22 PM

The person was upset - surely you might just be able to lower yourself enough to say "i'm sorry you feel that way"

This was ESS first experience of what is supposed to be a friendly forum, surely you can see why finding strangers disussing your pets and family in a not very positive way might not make someone feel great.
If I appear arrogant, then so be it. You have not always been so pleasant yourself on this thread.
ESS Owner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Yes, mortified. Think about it.

I have taken my complaint to the officials, if you read the first few pages of the thread, you'll see that. I am awaiting a report.

I haven't used information you have given me. I have used the information I gathered at the show.

No matter how much i think about it mortified or embaressed never come to mind .. When i read this thread i think mortified and embarassed best describe how you should be feeling .. Glad to here you have not used any information from me .. I really think you need to enter more competetive shows and leave the fun childrens part to be fun as designed ..
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 09:31 PM
If I appear arrogant, then so be it. You have not always been so pleasant yourself on this thread.
Well i am sorry you feel that way.
ESS Owner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2008, 09:32 PM

Can you tell me who i can complain too?? ..
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2008, 09:32 PM
I really cannot see why Westie N, is getting all this flak from some members on here. She complained rightly so imo, about the way a show was run. She has done nothing wrong. There was nothing in her posts saying anything derogatory about the dog in question apart from it being a pedigree and should not have been in a crossbreed class. So where has all this venom towards her come from. She was right to complain.
Closed Thread
Page 31 of 33 « First < 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 >