Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I was just wondering after reading that very informative post Lucky has put up, whether you can actually put something in their mouths to stop them biting their tongues, like you do with humans? I know we had a girl in our office who used to suffer with them, and some of us would rush over to stop her falling off her typing chair, whilst others grabbed a pencil to stick in her mouth sideways? Just a thought!

Still got everything crossed her for you Jackie and John.xxxxxxxxx

I think that might be more stressfull than just leaving them but i could be wrong. I know when Jake has his fit you couldn't even get near him as he was knocking furniture all over the place
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

26-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Awww Jackie , donm't know how I missed this .

I am so very sorry that you are all going through this stress, and thinking of you right now at the vets and hope it all goes well. Sending comforting cuddles to you and to Cassie. You are in my thoughts. Positive vibes coming your way.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Poor Cassie I do hope the vet gets to the bottom of what is causing the fits and there is something that can be done about them. Fingers crossed.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Poor Cassie I hope the vets have good news, as Dyane said keeping a diary of diet, activity, weather, times etc. can be so helpful when diagnosing and makes it easier to pic up possible causes that might not normally register. The links Lucky posted are great sources of information. Thinking of you all, and if theres anything we can do to help or you need a shoulder you have my number and know we're not far away x
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Hope the vet is able to through some light on why this has happened & get everything under control.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Thanks everyone for all your support and comforting posts and especially LS for all that wonderful information which I will read this afternoon.
We're back from the vet and she seems to think it's idiopathic epilepsy. She's taken bloods which was a fiasco in itself as Cassie is not a brave dog in the least. It took both front paws to get enough blood as she moved and the needle came out, blood everywhere!
Anyway, the vet has given us meds to start her on - phenobarbitol 30mg. One tablet twice a day and if she's too wobbly to cut them down to one a day. The blood results should be back Tuesday and we'll see if they are clear. At least we have a bit more information today. The vet is brilliant so have every faith in her.
Cassie's very indignant today as she has only been walked to the vet and back which she doesn't consider a proper walk LOL She seems fine in herself and is calm and quiet. One tablet in her already so fingers crossed we never have another night like last night.
Thanks again to all of you, the Dogsey support network is a godsend as always.
xxxxxJackie, John and Cassie

Here are madame's war wounds before I took her bandages off.

hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 12:06 PM
aww poor cassie.. i don't blame her I hate needles too.
sounds like yoiu have a good vet.. best wishes xxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Aww bless her, with her bandages x Sounds like a very thorough vet Jackie.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
aww poor cassie.. i don't blame her I hate needles too.
sounds like yoiu have a good vet.. best wishes xxx
I know neither do I and I was holding her at the time I think we have a good vet too. Thanks for your support xx

Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
Aww bless her, with her bandages x Sounds like a very thorough vet Jackie.
Thanks Tracy. That was just before I took the bandages off. She seems a very thorough vet. We've always taken her there. xx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Glad the news is a bit more positive Jackie.

I hope she continues to make good progress and hope she doesn't have any more fits,fingers crossed for the results.

Hugs and big staffie kisses for your girl xx
Page 10 of 22 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »