Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Awww...bless her. She looks so settled alreadyxxxxx
She certainly is Jackie, she says she's in heaven compared to that hard old chair in that care home! xxxxxx

Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
It is lovely to see pics of your mum home and looking so happy. After everything that has happened, I bet you wondered if this day would ever come.
Hopefully with some home cooked meals and getting outside for some fresh air, she will be fighting fit again
That's what I'm hoping too Lorna, I love cooking and she loves my meals so I won't mind at all. She just made me laugh, she said she hasn't been to the toilet for 4 days, only rabbit dropping, but then again she said, they didn't give me enough food for me to pass anyway!!!! xxxx

Originally Posted by zoby View Post
its so lovely to see your mum back where she belongs i just love that last pic where she seems to be mid-request

just wondering if you fancy trying to fatten me up (reading about all your lovely food today is making me envious as we are here trying to decide which takeout we will endure this sunday )
Mid request, you're so right there!!!! Thanks Zoby. If you don't like cooking, then you should have got that man of yours trained up to do it!!! xxxx

Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
Aaaw Helena, lovely to read your posts. It is so clear how happy you are to have her home and she is obviously so happy to be back with you.
xx
Thanks Jo, she's settled back in very well, at least this time when she wakes up she knows where she is because she was here for 2 years, whereas being shifted around from pillar to post in different hospitals it quite frightened her waking up and not knowing where she was which is quite understandable isn't it! She'll be here for good now, I've just gotta make sure she stays upright!!! xxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Aw Helena I am so very pleased for you both I think after a few weeks it will seem like a bad dream for her, when she has settled back home with your love and support and plenty of strokes of gorgeous Georgie I actually have a tear in my eye I am so pleased for your Mum, give her a hug from me and the boys
Love Claire xxx
Awww don't cwy Claire! Lol! We're happy as I don't know what's!!! After her roast lamb with all the trimmings for lunch, she's now tucking into fried leftover roast potatoes with an egg on top, swiftly followed by M & S Rasberry and muscarpone roulade with fresh rasberries on top!! Blimey, I think I might be spoiling her a tad!!!! She's more than worth it though! This'll soon stop, she'll be back on bread and soup in no time!!! xxxxx
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
fried leftover roast potatoes with an egg on top, swiftly followed by M & S Rasberry and muscarpone roulade with fresh rasberries on top!!
Room for one more there H?!!!?
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
she'll be back on bread and soup in no time!!! xxxxx
There you go, spoiling her again! Soup???? What's wrong with plain water????

Snorri
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Yeah make that two H!!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Wonderful news and well worth it all if the grin on her face is anything to go by.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 06:07 PM
How lovely to see your mum home and looking so happy. I know you are just loving doing all the running around as she thinks of things whilst you are in the middle of something else Give her a gentle hug from me and tell her to take care as she is now where she should stay.

And as for giving her soup what's wrong with bread and water! you are really spoiling her

Sue
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Lol, well I can get 6 round the big posh table in the dining room, and 5 more outside!!! You have to book though, it gets very busy xxxxx

Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
There you go, spoiling her again! Soup???? What's wrong with plain water????

Snorri
She's got that already Snorri, in a special baby cup beaker thingy! In all my years I never thought I'd end up looking after a baby and now I have one, but she's quite a large one!

Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Yeah make that two H!!
Inside or al-fesco????!!

Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Wonderful news and well worth it all if the grin on her face is anything to go by.
Thanks Fudgeley, I've waited a long time for this day to come haven't I, and she's as happy as Larry up there on her comfy sofa watching tv. She's forgotten how to use the Sky remote though coz they only had terresteral tv in the home and that was all fuzzy too! Never mind,she's got all her home comforts once again, for a very long time too I hope!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
How lovely to see your mum home and looking so happy. I know you are just loving doing all the running around as she thinks of things whilst you are in the middle of something else Give her a gentle hug from me and tell her to take care as she is now where she should stay.

And as for giving her soup what's wrong with bread and water! you are really spoiling her

Sue
You're spot on there Sue - have you been spying on me????!!! Thanks and I will pass on the hug too, she needs lots of those now I think xxxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Hey, don't forget about us if you are dishing up
Glad to hear your mum is back and settled and already making up for the starvation rations she has been enduring
Mmmm fancy the roasties with an egg on top, what else are you doing
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >