Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2008, 06:11 AM
Originally Posted by Aunty Amanda View Post
Call it whatever makes you happy. Been called a lot worse...

Who's words are 'killing off a breed" then? Personally no thats not what I actually said but if you want to think thats what I said then okay with me.

But it would be more of a shame for them to continue to be over-produced and mass slaughtered though

The issue with figures in the greyhound racing industry is that there are none so 10% should be taken with a pinch of salt The second figures are mentioned I tend to switch off because no one knows what the figures are and the industry are very unlikely to ever state the true figures.

Most people? Couple of people who sit behind an internet forum to spout off? Why on earth are you thinking I care what you think?

But no horse racing isn't my issue and never will be. By all means argue away about it and I'll feel free to ignore. I know as much about horse racing as I do about football. And its likely to stay that way on both counts.

And the general public aren't who matter.

I don't care less what you say, think or do - is not important to me and tbh, the likes of you aren't the ones I need to win over. You have your opinion and long ago I gave up hope of trying to change peoples minds. Especially over the Internet because in my experience, very little support comes from forums. Its open minds I need and people who can and do make a difference, not people who have already made up their mind
I met a lot of people involved in Greyhound Rescue over the bank holiday weekend and they were ALL lovely. They were not evangilists (you on the other hand sound like you are) and quietly won a lot of people over to their cause...some who even, perhaps had closed minds, just by being pleasant.

You on the other hand, seem incapable of being pleasant, a shame as you will, as Dawn has been saying, lose support. A lot of people come on forums and just read them and make up their minds from what they have read...you are not doing your cause any favours. Some of those people may have stuck money in a charity box in the past, but after seeing your attitude may think better of it next time.

You have NO idea what my opinions are, no idea at all. I merely came on this thread as I am fed up of the Emma Milne bashing that's been going on. Other than that, you haven't got the first clue about my opinions.

Back to the real issues I think. People on this forum are VERY good at keeping it friendly yet informative, there have been many heated debates, but we all remain friends (huh Dawn?!!!!) Perhaps you should try to remember that.
Aunty Amanda
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-05-2008, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I met a lot of people involved in Greyhound Rescue over the bank holiday weekend and they were ALL lovely. They were not evangilists (you on the other hand sound like you are) and quietly won a lot of people over to their cause...some who even, perhaps had closed minds, just by being pleasant..
Hmmm thanks for the condescending lecture but let me put you straight on several points.

1. I am actually NOT officially involved in greyhound rescue. I am a campaigner. Or whatever term you wish to lump on me. I campaign to ban greyhound racing.

2. Having people not quite see it how I do is one of the things I'm used to.

3. If I cared what people (especially with views that you and Dawn have expressed) I'd have been suicidal and given up a long long time ago

4. If I was in it for popularity, I'd not exactly what you'd deem to be effective.

5. I get on well with people on both sides. Even the likes of Galty I would class as a 'friend'. However put me into a debate then I'd rip shreds out of his thoughts and opinions and vice versa. There are people I dislike immensely on both sides and have no time for. Mostly those who make their gob go when they have no idea what they're talking about.

6. I've little time to sit down and try to persuade people to see it how I do. And apologies for the offence, but especially those who are unlikely or unwilling to understand/care. Too much energy, too little time. I've devoted 8 years of my life to this cause. I have sacrificed so much over this so lack of tolerance is what I have these days. Especially towards people who don't want to discuss it but simply want to use this issue to create havoc.

7. The people I need to influence are very unlikely to frequent bitchy internet threads.

I do hope this clears a few things up and perhaps you really need to look inwards prior to preaching outwards.

You on the other hand, seem incapable of being pleasant, a shame as you will, as Dawn has been saying, lose support. A lot of people come on forums and just read them and make up their minds from what they have read...you are not doing your cause any favours. Some of those people may have stuck money in a charity box in the past, but after seeing your attitude may think better of it next time.
You don't know me and aren't ever likely to. But it really doesn't matter to me what you think. Worse things have been said...

We're not a charity and I never ask for donations.

You have NO idea what my opinions are, no idea at all. I merely came on this thread as I am fed up of the Emma Milne bashing that's been going on. Other than that, you haven't got the first clue about my opinions.

Back to the real issues I think. People on this forum are VERY good at keeping it friendly yet informative, there have been many heated debates, but we all remain friends (huh Dawn?!!!!) Perhaps you should try to remember that.
I'd really like to hear your opinions - opinions that is and not insults.. But I'd also like you to treat others opinions with some respect because, at the end of the day, the very reason I have no respect for you is simply because you jumped in and started telling me how wrong I was then started posting a condescending post about my attitude. I can't do anything BUT humour anyone who acts the way you do.

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Well thats a shame you havent got better things to do, like helping the dogs you are going on about all the time! That way your cause may be helped more than telling people you dont care less, exactly what you are saying others feel about Greyhounds.

As for your question "Do you want to talk about it?" whats the last 20 thread pages been about?
No Dawn, I'm telling you I don't care less what you think. What is with this Royal "we" thing you have going on? Intelligent articulate and relevant opininos I'm interested to hear no matter what that opinion is. Patronising, insulting and superior-type ones just amuse me so much that I can't help but rip the urine from. Do you really want me to justify myself to you and tell you why I was online at 4 a.m.? Why I wasn't out doing something? oops - sorry, just can't help myself answering ridiculous questions...

Is it possible you can discuss the issue rather than resort to this behaviour? Is it possible to discuss greyhounds and not horses, dogfighting and whatever other issue you want to bring in to it for some odd reason?

See above for the answer to the rest of your questions. Now can we please talk abtou greyhounds and not me (although I'd be delighted to tell you lots more about me if you are really that interested!)
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
There are these problems in all industrys,what happens to the dairy cows when they no longer give milk,or the beef bull who can no longer perform,we wont be able to talk the whole world into going vegetarian anymore than
you will stop breeders from breeding and owners from racing the dogs for money.
so how to stop the dogs getting left on the side of the street,starved to death is the only option,and I believe if the people that want rid of these animals could do it for free it would make a difference to the actual dogs themselves,after all money is the problem at the end of the day and ridiculing and shaming these trainers is what makes them cut the ears off and dump the dogs So in fact it makes the dogs lives worse
I like racing sports horses and dogs,ive seen the inside of the beef industry its all the same and money is the motivator.so If everyone here can say they are vegetarian
then they might have a right to slam those of us that enjoy these sports.
IMO
xxxxBLXXX
isnt there something a tad more natural to eating meat or drinking milk than betting on something wizzing round a track before disposing of it when its past its sell by date ?
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Personally Jodie, I think any dog of any breed that shows extreme aggression in any manner and is not able to be controlled it shoudl be PTS. There are hundreds and hundreds of Greyhounds that do not make good pets, permanent "live ins" "adopt a dog" types, all there because of the way they are for one way or another. Many Greyhounds are absolutely lethal around other dogs and small animals, and CANNOT be retrained nor successfully rehomed.
then wouldnt it be better to just ban the sport altogether if theres such a surplus of 'lethal' dogs ? rather than culling them en mass ?
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Thanks for the link to the William Hill Dreby.
I notice the winning trainer in the 1st semi final was the much acclaimed Graham Calvert, lesser known for his court appearances regarding drugs and firearms.
Northumbria Police confirmed that Mr Calvert was awaiting trial at Newcastle Crown Court, on a date to be fixed, where he faces firearms and drugs charges.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sea...rms_charge.php

I wonder what or who he needed the drugs for?
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
who cares whats that got to do with greyhound racing

yeah to be fair - im not a fan of the sport - but you cant make a link there
Aunty Amanda
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
yeah to be fair - im not a fan of the sport - but you cant make a link there
I'm nodding in agreement of your recent posts (well said!) except for this one.

Drugs could have a lot to do with greyhounds. The former owner of one of my hounds has just been convicted of administering cocaine to one of his hounds One hound at a flapping track in central scotland was too stoned to get out the starting box after being fed hash cakes.

Firearms I could give you though, although in saying that there is a connection in the West of Scotland but its flapping related...
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Hmmm thanks for the condescending lecture but let me put you straight on several points.

1. I am actually NOT officially involved in greyhound rescue. I am a campaigner. Or whatever term you wish to lump on me. I campaign to ban greyhound racing.

2. Having people not quite see it how I do is one of the things I'm used to.

3. If I cared what people (especially with views that you and Dawn have expressed) I'd have been suicidal and given up a long long time ago

4. If I was in it for popularity, I'd not exactly what you'd deem to be effective.

5. I get on well with people on both sides. Even the likes of Galty I would class as a 'friend'. However put me into a debate then I'd rip shreds out of his thoughts and opinions and vice versa. There are people I dislike immensely on both sides and have no time for. Mostly those who make their gob go when they have no idea what they're talking about.

6. I've little time to sit down and try to persuade people to see it how I do. And apologies for the offence, but especially those who are unlikely or unwilling to understand/care. Too much energy, too little time. I've devoted 8 years of my life to this cause. I have sacrificed so much over this so lack of tolerance is what I have these days. Especially towards people who don't want to discuss it but simply want to use this issue to create havoc.

7. The people I need to influence are very unlikely to frequent bitchy internet threads.

I do hope this clears a few things up and perhaps you really need to look inwards prior to preaching outwards.

You don't know me and aren't ever likely to. But it really doesn't matter to me what you think. Worse things have been said...

We're not a charity and I never ask for donations.

I'd really like to hear your opinions - opinions that is and not insults.. But I'd also like you to treat others opinions with some respect because, at the end of the day, the very reason I have no respect for you is simply because you jumped in and started telling me how wrong I was then started posting a condescending post about my attitude. I can't do anything BUT humour anyone who acts the way you do.

No Dawn, I'm telling you I don't care less what you think. What is with this Royal "we" thing you have going on? Intelligent articulate and relevant opininos I'm interested to hear no matter what that opinion is. Patronising, insulting and superior-type ones just amuse me so much that I can't help but rip the urine from. Do you really want me to justify myself to you and tell you why I was online at 4 a.m.? Why I wasn't out doing something? oops - sorry, just can't help myself answering ridiculous questions...

Is it possible you can discuss the issue rather than resort to this behaviour? Is it possible to discuss greyhounds and not horses, dogfighting and whatever other issue you want to bring in to it for some odd reason?

See above for the answer to the rest of your questions. Now can we please talk abtou greyhounds and not me (although I'd be delighted to tell you lots more about me if you are really that interested!)

Yeah but the way the link was thrown in was to imply everyone involved in greyhound racing was of a dubious character - thats how i read it - drugs and firearm offences have zero to do with this argument.

Now I am the most argumentative git there is, but you cant preach to people and then tell them you dont care what they think - i disagree with a lot of things on these threads in this forum and will argue till the cows come home - i have quite different views on lots of things but you have your say and let others have their say back, you start making comments to Dawn that you dont care less what she thinks - will result in people taking the same attitude with you.

I think your cause could be a worthy one - but you may damage your arguments more than your opponents will by being like that

chill
Aunty Amanda
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-05-2008, 09:11 AM
You misunderstand me. I'm very interested in hearing what people think. I'm very interested in hearing others opinions. I don't think I've preached to that particular individual because that would be a waste of energy.

However I shut off when I get responses and questions like that with a similar type attitude - have no time for it and go into 'wind-up' mode.

And I'm very chilled at the mo (these things dont' get to me one little bit), but thanks for the concern!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2008, 09:36 AM
You misunderstand me. I'm very interested in hearing what people think. I'm very interested in hearing others opinions. I don't think I've preached to that particular individual because that would be a waste of energy.

However I shut off when I get responses and questions like that with a similar type attitude - have no time for it and go into 'wind-up' mode.

And I'm very chilled at the mo (these things dont' get to me one little bit), but thanks for the concern!
You have made it clear in several posts that you only wish to hear what people think IF they agree with you. I don't agree with you in the slightest about the Emma Milne article but you have NO idea what I think other than that and to be frank, you never will as you have been patronising and insulting in the extreme. The majority of people on here will tell you I love nothing more than a good debate thread and I am polite and calm 99% of the time, regardless of whether or not I agree with someone, but your 'I am not interested' attitude defeats the point really.

Before slating someone you don't know and their opinions, it may be worth reading through some of their old posts and deciding if they are friend or foe BEFORE you launch into a full scale attack.
I have nothing more to add on this thread.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-05-2008, 09:44 AM

Now we know your purpose on this forum... it has nothing to do with championing your cause

It is all down to someone who is bored and uses their time to try and wind people up, for their own pleasure.

Mmmm. I think we have a name for that.........TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!

DONT FEED THE TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 22 of 157 « First < 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 72 122 > Last »