View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-02-2008, 03:05 PM

I need commiting as I've rescued another dobe.

Well as you can see from the title my household has increased by a factor of one.

Well I had been having email conversation with this lady who was having problems with her little Dobe being overly dominate towards her other dog for the past week or so as things had started to come to a head what with the fights that were occurring because of her behaviour, so I arranged to meet up with her on Saturday to go for a nice walk to see what the exact problem was.

So off I go with my lot in the van to meet up with her. Well when I get there she has got the most beautiful but tiny Dobe called Jet, she 22 months old, but only weights 15kg's. Well while walking around the park it she telling me that she is she is now a single mum with a little boy and has to work full time 5 days a week, and she just doesn't have the time to rectify her behaviour problem.

Well while on the walk she asked me if I would like to have her in hope that I could train her up as she was having no luck. Well after explaining the situation to Michelle, she just told me to bring her home with me. So I go out for a nice walk with 4 Dobes and 1 Rottie, but come home with 5 Dobes and 1 Rottie. I need bloody locking up for doing this, but I just couldn't see Jet stay the way she is.

Well this is her.

Yesterday we took them all over the downs for a long walk and this is a good photo of them all together. (Jet is 3rd from the right with the pink collar on).

This is why Michelle had to stand eating her toast this morning.
The caption for this should be Onyx saying "For god sake will you girls ever shut up" as I love the way he is looking away from them.

Well tonight is going to be an interesting one as she will be getting her first small raw meal. I spent over half and hour last night going through two chest freezers trying to find the smallest rib with loads of meat on it as well as half a chicken. I just hope that she doesn't have a weak stomach or I'll have alot of clearing up to do tomorrow.

It was so funny last night because all she did was sit in the kitchen staring at the shelve where we put all the meat to thaw out on overnight, just thinking to herself how the hell can I get to that, as it's about 6-foot high. Something else I have discovered is how fast she eats. It's as if she has never been fed before and is frightened of someone else stealing it from her. What I have had to do is put a large ball in her bowl to slow her down a bit, because I was worried that she would choke on the biscuits I gave her.

Well I will let you know how she gets on with the ribs and chicken later.

Well this morning has been very interesting. If you remember Jet was the dominate one at her old home. Well first thing this morning she must of forgot herself, because I was sitting having a coffee and a fag in the living room when all of a sudden she tried to mount Onyx. Well you know that moment when your heart jumps into your mouth because you just know that's such a bad move. Well he turned around so fast that she didn't even see it coming and with one paw put her on her side and held her down and just growled right in her face. Now this happened so fast that I didn't even have the time to put the cup down, so all I could do was shout " Onyx No" and thankfully he let her go. But she has now had lesson number 1. Don't mess with the big boy.

Well expect to see loads of photos of them all and wish me luck.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Massive respect Colin , Jet is a wonderful looking girl and seems to have settled in lovely with the others , You dont need locking up[ or your head testing you just have a massive heart and so does Michelle ,Its a shame Jet original owner had to rehome her beautiful girl but she could not have choosen more caring loven owners for her

xxdk
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 03:14 PM
My goodness!!! that was so kind of you, and boy do you have a houseful now...!!!!! Good luck and we will be eager to hear how Jet progresses with her training xx
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Great respect from me too Colin, you have a heart of gold dear boy.

PS: she's a stunner.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Oh Colin! Love your topic header lol

She is beautiful, so glad you've taken her in and well done for rescuing her. At least now she has an experienced home with lots of play-mates, wonderful

Hope she can handle the diet and you don't have screaming-ab-dabs to pick up!:smt078

She looks so delicate, but bet she isn't!! Looking forward to hearing more about your beautiful new addition
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 03:25 PM
WOW - she's gorgeous!

Not sure whether you need committing.... you need a new sofa by the look of it... poor Onyx!

Well done for adding another to the house!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Thank you all for your very kind words, they are all very much appreciated.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Why do you need commiting? as I didnt think doing something great for a needy dog is worth being commited.

Fair play to you mate, If only they were more like you.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 03:42 PM
total admiration for you, she is stunning, has she been under fed is that why she is so small?

Mel x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Awww Colin well done mate and to Michelle too she looks a stunning girl, looks like thw walk went down atreat aswell. And yeah maybe another sofa is required!!

Well done and may you all have many happy days together
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »