Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Some rescues give the Breeders an ear bashing and refuse to let the Breeder collect their dogs.
But if they offered to take the dog (even though the rescue wouldn't allow it) they wouldn't be put on the list.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Paddywack View Post
But if they offered to take the dog (even though the rescue wouldn't allow it) they wouldn't be put on the list.
And why on earth wouldnt the rescues let the breeder take it? especially if it free's up a bed for another rescue.
The breeders get such a bashing for being unresponsible i cant see why the rescues wouldnt want the breeder to take it back.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Paddywack View Post
I think in those cases, there are rescues out there that just despise breeders, even ethical ones, so they would be the types to probably put them on the list anyway.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
And why on earth wouldnt the rescues let the breeder take it? especially if it free's up a bed for another rescue.
The breeders get such a bashing for being unresponsible i cant see why the rescues wouldnt want the breeder to take it back.
It does happen unfortunately. I know of a couple of rescues that have been approached by the original breeder of a dog, and the rescue would not hand the dog over. I know one of the rescues receives generous funding for dogs, so maybe financial issues are the reason, I don't know, but it does happen.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
This happens a LOT!!! I feel the rescues want the donation and therefore tell the breed rescues to put people onto them!! I remember a "breed rescue" taking in Labs when it wasnt their breed, however they didnt have problems rehoming them so took them, many a time I said Id have them and rehome them, never did they, untill one time they had one with 3 legs and a liver problem, guess who got that one!!!!
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by scottish boxer View Post
I read all through this with interest , working in rescue we contact a breeder when we know we are being asked to rehome one of their dogs maybe we have just been unlucky but so far none want to know and to be honest I dont think they care
Same here unfortunately. Unless it's still a pup

Only time we'd ever return a dog is if they carried out the proper adoption checks and neutered before rehoming. Not yet come across one who does
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I think it's a good idea personally, I'm a firm believer in public humiliation! It would also serve well to puppy buyers who may want to avoid those breeders who aren't interested!
Becky
:smt041 :smt041 :smt023
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
Same here unfortunately. Unless it's still a pup

Only time we'd ever return a dog is if they carried out the proper adoption checks and neutered before rehoming. Not yet come across one who does
[Quote from Anne UK]
When I get pedigrees in with paper I always contact the breeder to give them a ticking off but no way would I return one for it to be sold on again.[Quote]

So your not actually returning the dog,there could be many many reasons a dog from an ethical breeder ends up in rescue,and no wonder they are in such a state if the above quote is true!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by scottish boxer View Post
I read all through this with interest , working in rescue we contact a breeder when we know we are being asked to rehome one of their dogs maybe we have just been unlucky but so far none want to know and to be honest I dont think they care
Then those are the "breeders" that should be on the list, the irresponsible ones, Im sure nobody will argue with that.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 07:07 PM
but no way would I return one for it to be sold on again

Thats contradictory, you will, you wont? :smt017
Page 9 of 25 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »