Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
I'm glad to see you added (hopefully).I have three dogs all are docked and they have never had any problems health wise, i know you are going to comment that i have been lucky.However a qualified vet docked all of my dogs.As for quality i can't speak for others but my babies have an excellant standard of life.LOL
Your comment was : "once they get their teeth into all the other breeds" which was brought up earlier in the thread regarding breeds such as Bulldogs and Dachsies, that was how I took your reference and responded in that regard...

So, now we`ve cleared that up, what do you have against improving the situations of such breeds with health problems directly connected to human aesthetic preferences - those will be the breeds you infer there will be `dummy throwing` about if something is done to improve things for them...

And how come you [ nor anyone else.....], havent had go at that little challenge I posed earlier on post 71...:smt077
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 01:00 AM
Oops forgot to say i dont think its wrong to have an opinion,everyones entitled to have one.However i do object to scare mongering.
The only scaremongering I`m seeing is your suggesting that rescues will be filled with undocked puppies
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
no one has suggested that the 514,000 people who graciously signed the petition are dog owners ! the signatures were collected from citizens who support dog owners who have docked breeds. a lot of people put time and effort into collecting the signatures. they were asked to print their names & addresses on the forms and did so willingly. you're not going to tell me that all the MPs who voted in favour of the act are dog owners !!. also check with the KC yourself, get your FACTS right, for goodness sake !!
Since when is it my responsibility to check the 'facts' given by someone else. If you want to back up your argument prove it. I'm still waiting, I probably will for a long time too.
Becky
Tabatha1
New Member!
Female 

30-05-2007, 07:32 AM
What is the purpose of docking anyway, I've never understood why it was done in the first place.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 07:35 AM
That depends which side of the fence you sit on lol! Do a search there are loads of docking threads.
Becky
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Wow hacking,i'snt that a bit extreme puppies tails arent hacked off.I RECKON MANY A VET WOULD TEND TO DISAGREE WITH THAT STATEMENT! It's no wonder people are horrified by docking when they hear statements like that.
Say it how I see it... the puppies tails are either hacked off.. or wrapped tight with a rubber band till it falls off... Try it sometime on your little finger... nice tight elastic band round your wee finger till it falls off... but don't worry you've got nine others and it might save you any future injury
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Many a vet wouldn't dock in any case. Even less so now. Isn't it about time pro-dockers accepted what has happened. I'm not saying you have to like it but you had your chance for years to provide reliable evidence to back up your statements but failed to do so.
Becky
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Since when is it my responsibility to check the 'facts' given by someone else. If you want to back up your argument prove it. I'm still waiting, I probably will for a long time too.
Becky
CONTACT jean wylie at SKC, she's the parliamentary liason officer for SKC. how many times do i have to say this in this debate. jean has all the figures & details. don't put posts in this debate inferring that i'm "guilding the lily" with false statements !!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 11:27 AM
I have sat back on this thread, mainly because its been done to death on the forum in the last few months also because its too late, the laws been passed and the time to do anything has long passed, I feel its just a case of getting on with it now, but I must add in the last three weeks I have had 5 enquires regarding pups, all from pet people who have just heard the law has been changed, two came from people who had pups from my last litters, two from local folk who know my dogs and like the temprament, one email from someone I have never met, I guess you could say six really as if I had pups im pretty sure megan would have bought one rather than go else where, so there seems to be a rush in general by folk to get a docked dog quickly, Im so glad I did not have a litter on the run up to the law change I had thought about it but decided to do it last year instead, there will be many breeders making a quick buck at the moment its gona be a bidding war soon, as the last docked pups run out,,,,, the mind boggles,
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Tabatha1 View Post
What is the purpose of docking anyway, I've never understood why it was done in the first place.
hundreds of years ago wild dogs & wolves roamed free in europe, and shepherds shot them on sight to protect their flocks. however , sometimes they shot their own dogs by mistake. so thats why their own dogs were docked, so they could identify them at great distances. any dogs with tails attacking their flocks were shot immediately.
Page 28 of 30 « First < 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 >