View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-05-2008, 06:53 AM

Mum. Just to update you. (updated post #4)

She came off the drip yesterday as she is now rehydrated and looking and feeling loads better.
They are still treating her as infectious until they could get a stool sample yesterday and send it off to be analysed so Gill and her Friend/Neighbour will not be visiting with me today you all know about Gill but her Friend is elderly and has been ill herself so I don't want her to become ill as well.
I am cross as she was sitting up in bed laughing and joking with my SIL and her Mum yesterday all because she will not eat properly or drink enough fluids,apart from the diorrea.
I am getting tired now of all this I may find someone today and see if anything can be put in place for her once she gets home to make sure she looks after herself. I have done 2 17 hour Hospital stints now in 2 months.
I think the company being waited on is what she craves and yet she is being so stubborn about rethinking her life however long she has left of it.
I know it sounds cruel but Gill and I know she will eventually go down this road again and in the not too distant future.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Glad to hear she's rehydrated and feeling much better.
Hope you manage to get someone who can help keep an eye on her, sometimes old folks do just forget to care for themselves.
Never easy for the family though *hugs*
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Difficult times Lynn, but pleased to read Mum is on the up x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Went to visit yesterday and they said she could come home.
She has been sent home with a care package and I have loads of information to help us and she has been seen and given advice from a Nutriotionalist and some Colagen drink to build her up.
Lets hope this works.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Difficult times, I know. Hope it all goes well. HUGS HUN
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 11:27 AM
I know things are tough Lynn. Glad your Mum is out of hospital and home xx
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Hope she continue's to do well this time hun.xxxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Glad she's home Lynn, or about to come home, and I really hope it doesn't put a big strain on you again. I have noticed, that since my mum has been in and out of hospital, she has certainly learned that she cannot dish out orders to all and sundry and expect everyone to drop everything to do her bidding, she's gone very quiet and mellow now and very rarely bosses me around, so at least some good has come out of all of my trauma's. I hope your dear old Mum is able to take care of herself at home too coz I know how much she'd hate being moved and a lot of them don't want it either, and she's obviously one of them. So glad she's got the help she needs to enable her to stay put, let's hope she stays healthy and able for a long time to come. Got everything x'd for you Lynn as you well know. Take care.xxxx
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 12:24 PM
glad shes home, and continues to do well,,,
x
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 12:48 PM
I hope it works out for your mum and for you, take care xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >