Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 05:28 AM

Good morning everyone !

Morning all,

My new next door neighbour puts his rubbish out at night for the collection today, and I was woken up at 04.45 by Len barking at the foxes who were out there having a whale of a time - of course, then I couldn’t get back to sleep……..

I was going to go out on site today, but now have to attend a meeting between 1pm and 2pm so that plan’s b*ggered. As it’s the “big boss” asking us to attend, I guess I’d better show up. It’s only an oranisational meeting, nothing drastic. Never mind, I shall go out on Friday instead!

Started to watch United 93 last night, but stopped before it got too traumatic. I may finish it off when Baz is at football on Sunday.

Turned over and lo and behold, The Apprentice was on. I’m only just getting into it – it’s fab!

Anyway, no more news from me, so have a great day everyone, and stay safe

Today’s gem:
Farmer Brown goes out one bay and buys a brand new stud rooster for his chicken. The cocky young rooster walks over to the old rooster and says: "OK, old fellow, time to retire." The old rooster says: "You can't handle all these chickens, look what it did to me!" The young rooster replies: "Now don't give me a hassle about this old man. It's time for the old to step aside and the young take over, so take a hike!" The old rooster says: "Aw, c'mon, just let me have those two old hens over there in the corner. I won't bother you." The young rooster snarls: "Scram! Beat it! You're washed up! I'm taking over!" The old rooster thinks for a minute and then says to the young rooster: "I'll tell you what, young fellow, I'll have a race around the farm house with you. Whoever wins the race gets full domain over the chicken coop." The young rooster smiles: "You know I'm going to beat you, old man. So just to be fair, I'm even going to give you a head start." The two roosters line up in back of the farm house; a hen clucks "Go!" and the old rooster takes off running. About 5 seconds later the young rooster takes off after him. They round the front of the farm house and the young rooster is inches behind the old rooster and gaining fast. Farmer Brown, sitting on the porch, hearing the commotion looks up and sees what's going on. Quickly, he grabs his shotgun and BOOM! The young rooster is blown to smithereens! Farmer Brown sadly shakes his head in disgust: "Damn! That makes the third gay rooster I bought this week."
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 06:23 AM
hi vicki, morning all.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2007, 06:26 AM
Goodmorning Vicki... Morning Doggers

Thats the nightshifts out of the way... just a weekend of dayshifts to do now

Off for a spot of fishing today though after a walk with the dynamic duo.....

Have a good day all
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 06:35 AM
Morning V, morning troops!

Slightly less worse weather than yesterday afternoon. I made the mistake yesterday morning of dressing for the glorious sunshine we had this time yesterday. By 6pm I was squelching home in flip-flops which had died my toes blue, and my feet had gone all wrinkly as if I'd been in the bath too long! It's a day of Goretex and umbrellas for me today!

Have fun you lot
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 06:36 AM
morning all - not a good one as full of cold. dont know what was worse being sick at the weekend or now so stuffed up that cant breathe too good. think a trip to the chemist is in order.

sunny here at the moment so going to try and get the dog walked while its dry

sue
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-05-2007, 06:44 AM
Morning Vicki,morning all sun shining at the moment.
Have a good day everyone.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 06:48 AM
Morning Vicki

Morning All

hubby and youngest daughter have gone to see my eldest daughter for a few days, so it is just me and my son here
i couldn,t sleep last nite as i hate sleeping alone and today i have a exam and am sooo tired
oh well nevermind

Have a good day All
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-05-2007, 06:52 AM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post

Have a good day all
Another whopper on the cards ?
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2007, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Gonna catch a great big salmon today... I just know it
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
hi vicki, morning all.
Morning Mel

Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post

Have a good day all
Morning Ian - how will you stay awake..... ?

Originally Posted by duboing View Post
Morning V, morning troops!

Slightly less worse weather than yesterday afternoon. I made the mistake yesterday morning of dressing for the glorious sunshine we had this time yesterday. By 6pm I was squelching home in flip-flops which had died my toes blue, and my feet had gone all wrinkly as if I'd been in the bath too long! It's a day of Goretex and umbrellas for me today!

Have fun you lot
Morning Jenny

Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post
morning all - not a good one as full of cold. dont know what was worse being sick at the weekend or now so stuffed up that cant breathe too good. think a trip to the chemist is in order.

sunny here at the moment so going to try and get the dog walked while its dry

sue
Morning Sue

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Vicki,morning all sun shining at the moment.
Have a good day everyone.
Morning Lynn

Originally Posted by jackiew View Post
Morning Vicki

Morning All

hubby and youngest daughter have gone to see my eldest daughter for a few days, so it is just me and my son here
i couldn,t sleep last nite as i hate sleeping alone and today i have a exam and am sooo tired
oh well nevermind

Have a good day All
Morning Jackie - good luck with the exam xox

Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Morning Phil
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >